Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Onkyo HT-RC360 NET error

5 posters

Go down

Onkyo HT-RC360 NET error Empty Onkyo HT-RC360 NET error

Post  MrJJ Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:32 pm

Hello, I purchased a HT-RC360 after doing my homework on "Home Recievers" this model was the clear choice for me as THX wasn't a requirement of mine. Some of the features that made the choice for me were, Android Remote APK, Pandora, and Rhapsody (hopefully I-Heart Radio will be added to this lineup, "hint,hint"). I was a bit disapointed that I have to use the Onkyo Android Music Player to stream music to the reciever, instead of my winamp pro.apk, but thats life I guess. The big dissapointment though is the NET part of the reciever doesnt work at all for me, which is a big part of the reason I picked this reciever over other brands and models. I have been tring to get this to work for several days now to no avail. The "com.onkyo.onkyoRemote_v1.02.111207a.1964.apk" seems to work fine in all other areas except NET. I have setup my user names and passwords via my laptop and 192.168.0.11/customer_setting/customer_setting.cgi, I also tried this via the reciever and my TV connected with HDMI cables. It pops up on my phone as well as displays on the reciever "Connection Error Please Try Again". When I choose NET on my phone it goes to "Connecting... Acquiring Data" which I let run over night only to see it is still attempting a connection in the morning. I have tried to connect with my I-Touch 4 using Remote 1 and Remote 2 neither works as well also couldn't get my music on I-Touch to display in Onkyo App, only Remote functions seem to work. My system is setup as follows. I have a "all-in-one" voip cable modem wireless router (UBEE DVW3201B, which is a provider only gateway model) connected using a CAT5E patch cable. and my TV is connected to the reciever using a HDMI cable. I really hope I can get this resolved soon. I do have another issue with the reciever, that is the unit generates out alot of heat around it. I will be addressing this as soon as I get the problem with the NET resolved.

EDIT

After several hours messing with this I finaly locked up the NET portion on the reciever completely, I couldn't get any part of it to open, it just displayed NET thats it, so frustrated I unplugged the unit for a minute in hopes of reseting it, when I plugged it back in and restarted the reciever lo and behold the NET part works like its supposed to. I have no idea why, but I'm not complaining at this point, however the Android Onkyo apk still will not stop saying "Connecting... Acquiring Data" when you choose NET, the I-Touch versions will display the "Now Playing" but, will also not display the NET menu. I will continue to try and resolve this on my own but any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by MrJJ on Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : problem partially resolved)

MrJJ

Back to top Go down

Onkyo HT-RC360 NET error Empty Re: Onkyo HT-RC360 NET error

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:07 pm

Hi MrJJ,

Apologies for the late reply. Here is what I'd like for you to do. First, please install the firmware update as this may be one of your issues. You may go to our website under support then down loads to get this. After the update is done please unplug the unit for 30 seconds to a minute, while this is unplugged if you can reboot your network. Wait for your network to come all the way up then plug the receiver back in. Delete and re-download the remote apps and see if that works. Sorry to make you have to go through all of this but it should work. Please let me know if this resolves the issue.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bilditup1 Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:43 pm

I have the same issue on the same machine, even after going through the steps outlined above. Please advise.

bilditup1

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:18 pm

Hi bilditup1,

Do you have the same exact setup as MrJJ? If so then we would need to do some further evaluation/testing on this. Please let us know if this is the case.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  bilditup1 Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:54 pm

Actually, it seems like I misread the post. I never had a problem getting NET to work, esp with my foobar2000 library, but (a) I can't pause OGG and FLAC (looks like a known bug) (b) the Android app cannot control it and hangs on the 'Acquiring Data' screen if I try to. The other parts of the Android app seem to be working fine, though I haven't tried to stream music. I have an HT-RC360 connected via Ethernet.

bilditup1

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:06 pm

Hi bilditup1,

Have you down loaded the new version of the Android app yet, it was the one that came out on the 1st of this month?
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  bilditup1 Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:15 pm

OnkyoUSA wrote:Hi bilditup1,

Have you down loaded the new version of the Android app yet, it was the one that came out on the 1st of this month?

Yes, this is using the latest version of the app. I first installed it on 3/4, and reinstalled again today - still nothing. Maybe an older version of it would work?

bilditup1

Back to top Go down

Post  bilditup1 Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:40 pm

IMHO, this is a problem with the Android app, rather than the receiver, as the free third-party Onkytroller app can control NET functions. However, that app is fugly and annoying to use. Please fix this!

bilditup1

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:48 pm

Hi bilditup1,

This will be forwarded to the appropriate department and thank you for your input on this.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  bilditup1 Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:42 am

This will be forwarded to the appropriate department and thank you for your input on this.

Aha. I saw there was a new firmware out a week ago - does that help matter at all?

bilditup1

Back to top Go down

Post  bilditup1 Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:33 am

bilditup1 wrote:

Aha. I saw there was a new firmware out a week ago - does that help matter at all?

Just installed the new firmware...it works!

bilditup1

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:05 am

Great! We're glad the firmware resolved the issue. Thank you for choosing Onkyo.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Onkyo HT-RC360 NET error Empty Similar error w HTC EVO3D

Post  teamle Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:14 am

I have been having a similar error using my HTC EVO3d. MY rc360 is connected to the net via eithernet cable so I know the problem is not caused by the rc360 losing a wireless signal. I have already updated my receiver through the net. When I cant acquire data, I turn off wifi on my phone, then turn it on again. This gives me access to the rc360 through my phone agian. I don't know what causes this though. My guess is that it has something to do with my phone losing connection to the reciever and being unable to reconnect. I really hope Onkyo does some research into this area and comes up with a solution....at least I only paid $200 for an open box a Frys.

teamle

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:27 pm

Hi teamle,

You say that you have the receiver connected with an Ethernet cable to your modem; may I ask what the model number of the modem/router is?
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Onkyo HT-RC360 NET error Empty "Acquiring Data" Samsung Droid Charge/onkyo tx-nr509

Post  radicall Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:37 pm

I had the same issue where my Android App just won't give any information. What resolved the problem was from the main phone screen, go to

Settings->applications->Manage Applications->OnkyoRemote

I did a "Force Stop" since it was running and cleared data/cache
Up and running again. Love the remote app.

radicall

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:54 pm

Hi radicall,

Thank you for the suggestion.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down