Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Out of range' error on blu-ray through Onkyo TX-SR313

2 posters

Go down

'Out of range' error on blu-ray through Onkyo TX-SR313 Empty 'Out of range' error on blu-ray through Onkyo TX-SR313

Post  bcp Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:48 am

* Sony BDP-S390 Blu-ray DVD player
* Onkyo TX-SR313

1. When I run DVD player directly to TV via HDMI, it works.
2. When I run DVD player into HDMI 1 (DVD) of Onkyo & HDMI (out) to TV it gives 'out of range' error and no picture.
3. Both HDMI cables tested and work. eg, I can view the Onkyo menu on the TV via the HDMI.
4. Schaub Lorenz TV is 1080i, not 1080p, but works when DVD player is plugged directly in.

Onkyo SR313 SETTINGS:
HDMI input = BD/DVD (HDMI 1)
Component = BD/DVD <---->
Digital audio = BD/DVD <---->
HDMI setup = HDMI cntrl (RIHD) <off>
HDMI Through <off>
Audio TV out <off>
Lip sync <on>

Help? Why won't it send the picture through?

bcp

Back to top Go down

'Out of range' error on blu-ray through Onkyo TX-SR313 Empty Re: 'Out of range' error on blu-ray through Onkyo TX-SR313

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:36 pm

When the BD player is connected onto the TX- SR 313 and you press the DISPLAY button on the receiver repeatedly, the reciever will indicate the incoming video signal and resolution being transmitted into the receiver (and pressing DISPLAY again will show the outgoing video resolution from the receiver to your TV). What settings are you witnessing when pressing the DISPLAY button? We would also need to possibly further research the settings of your BDP-S390 BD player; as researching- I was able to find some particular HDMI VIDEO settings that could resolve this issue: (BD-ROM 24p OUTPUT/ YCbCr/ RGB OUTPUT/ HDMI DEEP COLOR).

Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation (800-229-1687; option #3 PRODUCT SUPPORT 24 hours a day). We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue as prompt as possible.

Thank You;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

'Out of range' error on blu-ray through Onkyo TX-SR313 Empty Thank you.

Post  bcp Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:07 am

Based on your advice I changed the Output Video Format on the DVD player - it allowed me there to select 1080i.

I really appreciate your clear feedback, pointing me in the right direction. Good job! Smile

bcp

Back to top Go down

'Out of range' error on blu-ray through Onkyo TX-SR313 Empty Re: 'Out of range' error on blu-ray through Onkyo TX-SR313

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:47 am

No problem. If you need any further assistance; please contact us via phone, email, or via our Onkyo Forum at https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com/f1-welcome-to-the-onkyo-forum.

Best Regards;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down