Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

609 vTuner login issue

2 posters

Go down

609 vTuner login issue Empty 609 vTuner login issue

Post  dawg Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:00 pm

Cannot navigate to the "right" to find receiver ID # which prevents me from proceeding. Using wireless dongle and Win 7.

dawg

Back to top Go down

609 vTuner login issue Empty Re: 609 vTuner login issue

Post  NDRobinson Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:50 pm

Hi Dawg,

I posted a similar problem before I saw your note -- apologies as I should have added mine to your thread -- https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com/t236-uwf-1-mac-address-and-vtuner

The instructions on the Vtuner website are incorrect/confusing -- what it is actually looking for is the MAC address of your 609. At least, when I entered mine in I was able to log-in and access the portal.

However, then you'll probably run into the problem I am having, which is Vtuner is looking for the MAC address of the 609, NOT the UWF-1, so you need to unplug that, get the MAC address of the 609, and then you'll have Vtuner over Ethernet but the minute you plug the UWF-1 back in, Vtuner won't recognize it. At least, that's where I am at.

Best,
Nathan

NDRobinson

Back to top Go down

609 vTuner login issue Empty another workaround the manual directions

Post  dawg Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:13 pm

Hi Nathan,
Thanks for confirming that thiis is an issue and that the directions are confusing.
I didn't do anything directly to input a different MAC address.
My work-around came when Onkyo tech support suggested that I remove the dongle, reboot, then replace the dongle, vTuner still didn't work, and, as it turned out, Onkyo couldn't access vTuner at their end either. Later that day, vTuner came up OK (until today).
Seems great when it is available.
Dawg

dawg

Back to top Go down

Post  NDRobinson Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:24 pm

Dawg,

Thanks for the info -- you're right, I just tried VTuner again, with the UWF-1 in, and it works today. And the web portal accepts the UWF-1 MAC address as well. So I seem to have two 'profiles' now, one with the UWF-1 and one without. Never occurred to me that the site iteself would be the issue.

Best,
Nathan

NDRobinson

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down