Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-NR609 Dead HDMI AGAIN!

2 posters

Go down

TX-NR609 Dead HDMI AGAIN! Empty TX-NR609 Dead HDMI AGAIN!

Post  bz665 Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:06 am

After having the unit for 3 months the HDMI board went out. I've already shipped it to your service center and had it repaired back in June. After working fine for about 6 months now the HDMI will give me sound when my DVR box is connected but when the HDMI out cable is plugged in the sound dies and I get a "No Signal" on my TV. So in just over a year and still under warranty my receiver's HDMI has now died twice. Like last time I did the nice trouble shooting guide of resetting the receiver to factory settings and yet it still does not work. I've owned two other Onkyo receiver's which both lasted over 4 years. After seeing multiple reviews on how bad the HDMI boards are on these and that repairs continually fail I want a new receiver.

bz665

Back to top Go down

TX-NR609 Dead HDMI AGAIN! Empty Re: TX-NR609 Dead HDMI AGAIN!

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:29 pm

Please send the following information to the email address (onkyoadmin@us.onkyo.com) and to the attention of FORUM MODERATOR. Please include the following information:

- NAME:
-FORUM USERNAME/ HANDLE:
- ADDRESS:
- CITY/STATE:
- ZIP CODE:
- EMAIL:
- SERIAL NUMBER OF RECEIVER:
- MODEL NUMBER OF RECEIVER:
- DEALER OF PURCHASE:
- DATE OF PURCHASE:
- (if applicable) NAME OF ONKYO SERVICE CENTER FOR PREVIOUS REPAIR:
- (if applicable) SERVICE TICKET NUMBER: