Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Installed Onkyo TX-NR818 a week ago, was working great until this morning

3 posters

Go down

Installed Onkyo TX-NR818 a week ago, was working great until this morning Empty Installed Onkyo TX-NR818 a week ago, was working great until this morning

Post  cjshaker Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:58 pm

Installed my Onkyo TX-NR818 a week ago, and was very happy with it until this morning. Was enjoying playing FLAC files using the Home networking app, was streaming internet radio via Pandora and Spotify, was happy with 12 local FM channels coming in clearly, and it looked and sounded great.

However, when I powered it up this morning, and attempted to select the FM tuner, it kept switching back to Network by itself. And, it did not pass any sound to the speakers. It actually would hang saying 'Wait' when I attempted the Audyssey setup, and it made no sound.

I used the CBL/Sat+Power/Standby reset to reset it to factory configuration. And it then passed the Audyssey setup and the speakers worked.

However, it no longer sees the built in ethernet network interface. It is greyed out in the setup configuration. I updated it twice when I installed it last week, so it should be running all of the latest firmware. It was working great when I shut it off last night.

Any clues or ideas on what else to try?

Thank you,
Chris Shaker

cjshaker

Back to top Go down

Installed Onkyo TX-NR818 a week ago, was working great until this morning Empty I think some kind of network subassembly has died

Post  cjshaker Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:14 am

I think some kind of network subassembly has died. I left the receiver unplugged for a couple of hours. When I fired it up, I selected the FM Tuner. Works great. Pushed the 'Net' source button on the receiver. Got something like 'Initializing', with rows of dots across the screen. But it never completes initializing...

Chris Shaker

cjshaker

Back to top Go down

Installed Onkyo TX-NR818 a week ago, was working great until this morning Empty Re: Installed Onkyo TX-NR818 a week ago, was working great until this morning

Post  FlyByNgt Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:36 am

cjshaker wrote:Installed my Onkyo TX-NR818 a week ago, and was very happy with it until this morning. Was enjoying playing FLAC files using the Home networking app, was streaming internet radio via Pandora and Spotify, was happy with 12 local FM channels coming in clearly, and it looked and sounded great.

However, when I powered it up this morning, and attempted to select the FM tuner, it kept switching back to Network by itself. And, it did not pass any sound to the speakers. It actually would hang saying 'Wait' when I attempted the Audyssey setup, and it made no sound.

I used the CBL/Sat+Power/Standby reset to reset it to factory configuration. And it then passed the Audyssey setup and the speakers worked.

However, it no longer sees the built in ethernet network interface. It is greyed out in the setup configuration. I updated it twice when I installed it last week, so it should be running all of the latest firmware. It was working great when I shut it off last night.

Any clues or ideas on what else to try?

Thank you,
Chris Shaker

Hi Chris,

Just a thought that has helped me (going on a month with no issues at all) with my TX-NR717. Unplug the power plug from the wall for exactly 5 mins. this is considerd a "soft boot" You will NOT LOSE any of your settings, will not have to run Audussy, etc. Plug the unit back in after at least 5 minutes and turn you unit back on and see if this fixes your issues.

I was driving myself and prob. Onkyo crazy with my TX-NR717. Had issues that we could not get to correct. Once I found this on another AVS forum I tried it and NOT A PROBLEM SINCE!!

Just remember AT LEAST 5 MINUTES, NO LESS!! Good luck. Let us know how you make out. This is a practice I will follow after a update or when all else fails as you DO NOT LOSE YOUR SETTINGS.

Ciao, FlyByNgt 12-10-12
FlyByNgt
FlyByNgt

Back to top Go down

Installed Onkyo TX-NR818 a week ago, was working great until this morning Empty I tried unplugging it for a couple of hours

Post  cjshaker Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:19 pm

I previously tried unplugging it for a couple of hours, but the network interface and network apps are still toast

Chris Shaker

cjshaker

Back to top Go down

Installed Onkyo TX-NR818 a week ago, was working great until this morning Empty Re: Installed Onkyo TX-NR818 a week ago, was working great until this morning

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:21 pm

cjshaker wrote:I previously tried unplugging it for a couple of hours, but the network interface and network apps are still toast

Chris Shaker

In regards to your issue- it would possibly be more effective to contact our Product Support Dept. for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation below. We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue, with you having access to your unit, as prompt as possible. Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation (Monday- Sunday 24 hours a day: (800) 229-1687; option #3 PRODUCT SUPPORT). We would like to further determine if any issue will require your receiver to be further evaluated at an authorized Onkyo service center for warranty servicing.

Question: how is your receiver connected to your home network- ethernet or via UWF-1? What is the current firmware version on your receiver?

Thank You;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down