Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UWF-1/NR-616 problems

2 posters

Go down

UWF-1/NR-616 problems Empty UWF-1/NR-616 problems

Post  NekoTwilight Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:33 am

Just bought a new NR-616 a few days ago and have been enjoying it immensely. I had it connected to my router via an ugly ethernet cable across the floor. In this way, I was able to stream FLAC files from my network attached storage device. This worked great. I ordered the UWF-1 to get rid of the need for a cable.

Once connected to my network DLNA showed no servers available. I restarted the receiver and then was able to see my NAS, which I successfully connected to. However, playing FLAC files resulted in stuttering that made the songs unlistenable. Recently the UWF-1 has not been able to see my NAS at all, or it connects to it but tells me that there are no files on it.

When I try to access Pandora Internet Radio through the receiver (wirelessly) I get this message:

"Connection Error:

The server connection could not be established or was terminated early. Please try again later."

I've gotten the same message for every other service I've tried so far. I thought perhaps the problems resulted from my using WPA2-PSK, so I tried WPA-SPK. However, I can't even get so far as to connect to my network. I get a "connection failed" error.

Any ideas?

Thanks

EDIT: Hmm. Well, I just disabled my network security completely and was able to connect to Pandora. All my songs are streaming perfectly via DLNA as well. Very strange! I'll try a few different security options in the morning.

NekoTwilight

Back to top Go down

UWF-1/NR-616 problems Empty Re: UWF-1/NR-616 problems

Post  NekoTwilight Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:32 am

Well, that worked for about an hour. It then said something like "could not play" song, or something to that effect. Then it said that my NAS had no files on it.

Back to square one.

Any ideas?

NekoTwilight

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:01 pm

In regards to your issue- it would possibly be more effective to contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation below. We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue, with you having access to your unit, as prompt as possible. We would like to speak with you and provide a thorough answer to your inquiry and assist you with any further questions you may have.

Cordially;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down