Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Firmware Update on Onkyo NR515

4 posters

Go down

Firmware Update on Onkyo NR515 Empty Firmware Update on Onkyo NR515

Post  temo Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:51 pm

Hey guys question... I am getting my nr515 tomorrow do I need to do a ethernet firmware update then do the USB update to the 10/9/12 update? Or can I just go right to the 10/9/12 update.

Also since it is brand new unit do I need to do anything special besides plugging in the main out to my tv and turning the reciever on and have the usb port in the front?

I already downloaded the firmware and have all the files extracted to the usb drive and the zip of the firmware sitting on the usb drive.

temo

Back to top Go down

Firmware Update on Onkyo NR515 Empty Re: Firmware Update on Onkyo NR515

Post  The_Chemist Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:33 pm

temo wrote:Hey guys question... I am getting my nr515 tomorrow do I need to do a ethernet firmware update then do the USB update to the 10/9/12 update? Or can I just go right to the 10/9/12 update.

Also since it is brand new unit do I need to do anything special besides plugging in the main out to my tv and turning the reciever on and have the usb port in the front?

I already downloaded the firmware and have all the files extracted to the usb drive and the zip of the firmware sitting on the usb drive.

All you need to do is the latest USB firmware. The latest update should include all previous updates.

If I'm wrong somebody please correct me!

I would never update over the Internet anyway. Too much of a chance that something could go wrong and you brick your receiver. I even go to the extent of plugging my receiver into an Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) when updating the firmware.
The_Chemist
The_Chemist

Back to top Go down

Post  temo Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:29 am

How exactly is the update done though? I have seen varied instructions on how to get the latest firmware installed.

temo

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:26 pm

The latest firmware version is only available via USB download. We also have a YouTube tutorial demonstrating how to successfully update the firmware version of your receiver via the following webpage: http://www.us.onkyo.com/download/software.cfm.

Best Regards;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Purple Rose Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:52 am

Sorry new here. I bought husband this units. It is wrapped do I have to do this know so I would have to get somenes to do this. I am no good at this stuff and it is wrapped or can we wait tills Ralph opened? Let me know ok? Thank you.
This is cool place. Like the Santa's. santa
Purple Rose
Purple Rose

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:11 pm

In regards to your issue- it would possibly be more effective to contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation below. We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue, with you having access to your unit, as prompt as possible. Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation (Monday- Sunday 24 hours a day: (800) 229-1687; option #3 PRODUCT SUPPORT). We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue as prompt as possible.

Thank You;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down