Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tx-609nr low sound output using 7.1 530 speakers

2 posters

Go down

tx-609nr  low sound output using 7.1 530 speakers Empty tx-609nr low sound output using 7.1 530 speakers

Post  fieldboss Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:01 pm

I recently upgraded from a 7 year old onkyo receiver which was 7.1 I believe a 500 series (no hdmi). I upgraded to the tx-609 nr for the hdmi benefit. My issue is the volume level that I have to set the 609 to when watching TV. The volume control needs to be set in the mid 40's range. On previous receiver never had to go pass the mid 20's for good sound quality. I did all set up instructions with 609 including the calibration. No other new componets have been added, other than the use of qulity hdmi cables.

Any suggestions would be helpful. I am considering upgrading to the sks-ht870 speakers but not sure if I would benefit. Thanks for any help. Crying or Very sad

fieldboss

Back to top Go down

tx-609nr  low sound output using 7.1 530 speakers Empty Re: tx-609nr low sound output using 7.1 530 speakers

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:26 pm

What is the volume output of your CABLE set-top box and what is the audio output setting of the cable box as well? Have you gone into the SETUP menu of the receiver and activated the INTELLIVOLUME function for both the CBL/SAT and BD/DVD inputs? You can raise the volume of these inputs up to 12 db higher than normal output to compensate for the current volume setting being distributed from your receiver. Go into the SOURCE SETUP submenu and scroll down to the INTELLIVOLUME option and raise the db level for your preferred setting.

With Intellivolume, you can set the input level for each input selector individually. This is useful if one of your source components is louder or quieter than the others. Use the Left and Right arrow buttons to set the level. If a component is noticeably louder than the others, use the Left arrow button to reduce its input level. If it’s noticeably quieter, use the Right arrow button to increase its input level. The input level can be adjusted from −12 dB to +12 dB in 1 dB steps. Note: Intellivolume does not apply for Zone 2.

If you have any more questions or concerns, Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation (800-229-1687; option #3 PRODUCT SUPPORT 24 hours a day). We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue as prompt as possible.

Thank You;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down