Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NR616 HDMI Passthrough loses audio after Uverse DVR is paused

Go down

NR616 HDMI Passthrough loses audio after Uverse DVR is paused Empty NR616 HDMI Passthrough loses audio after Uverse DVR is paused

Post  bubbajones Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:29 pm

I have a new NR616 and have set up HDMI passthrough to allow me to watch AT&T Uverse on my TV.

This works fine until I start pausing or fast forwarding, or otherwise doing something that has no audio output from the Uverse DVR.

10% of the time, once the video resumes playback, I have no audio. The video works fine, but the audio is lost. I can restore the audio by power cycling the AT&T Uverse box, the TV, or the receiver.

Sometimes when I resume playback, I get about a 1/2 second of sound before it is lost.

I do not think I experience this problem when the receiver is on. It appears to happen only when the receiver is on standby and I am using the passthrough function.

Is there some sort of handshake protocol that is audio-specific? I am not experiencing any loss of video. Just audio, and only on passthrough. I am using brand new "high speed" HDMI cables.

I am using a Panasonic Viera TC-P50S1 plasma.

bubbajones

Back to top Go down