Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Remote control of TX-8050 using DLNA M-DMC engine not working

2 posters

Go down

Remote control of TX-8050 using DLNA M-DMC engine not working Empty Remote control of TX-8050 using DLNA M-DMC engine not working

Post  vramona Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:57 pm

Hi,

I've recently get a new TX-8050 Receiver, and definitely it's rocks ! It's so cool, I'm rediscovering my records that I used to play from an XBMC setup on a PC.

Unfortunately, the Onkyo Remote App for iPhone or Android is not so user friendly as XBMX remote are or DLNA and UPnP Remote control like PlugPlayer on iPhone was.

I tried all the DLNA Digital Media Remote application to control the Receiver as a Digital Media Rendere, and it's not working, and sometimes, I need to unplug the Receiver because it's stucked !!!

Is it possible to remotely control the TX-8050 as a DMR (Digital Media Renderer) engine ??? What apps are supported ?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Vincent

vramona

Back to top Go down

Remote control of TX-8050 using DLNA M-DMC engine not working Empty Re: Remote control of TX-8050 using DLNA M-DMC engine not working

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:48 pm

Hi Vincent,
I will give your question to my co-workers in product support to see if they can figure this out for you, thanks again for your patience!
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Remote control of TX-8050 using DLNA M-DMC engine not working Empty Re: Remote control of TX-8050 using DLNA M-DMC engine not working

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:57 pm

Hi Vincent,
Sorry, but we do not have any information on this. We have only tested our own Apps on this unit. Apps by a third party may or may not work. Any information we have on 8050 would be located on page 34 of your manual. Thank you for choosing Onkyo and we hope you keep enjoying your new unit.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  vramona Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:54 am

Hi,

I don't really understand,

Is it possible or not to remotely command the TX-8050 Receiver as the DLNA norm enables it ?

Regards,

vramona

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:09 pm

Hi vramona,
Unfortunately, Our remote apps will not control it and as far as remote apps made by other companies are concered we do not have that information. We are sorry for any confusion. Thank you for your patience.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down