Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HT-RC360 HDMI out stopped working

2 posters

Go down

HT-RC360 HDMI out stopped working Empty HT-RC360 HDMI out stopped working

Post  kszach Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:15 am

I am not getting a picture at my television with my HT-RC360. Worked up until last night. The HDMI cable tested fine with both the BluRay and DISH Receiver hooked directly to the TV. HT-RC360 will play audio from those devices but will not pass video to my Samsung Plasma. I did a factory reset and it still does not work. I had to power the unit down several times in order to get the audio working but still get nothing from the video. Any ideas? This unit is just under 1 year old.

kszach

Back to top Go down

HT-RC360 HDMI out stopped working Empty Re: HT-RC360 HDMI out stopped working

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:40 am

Please review the PM sent to you so we can further get some more information and assist you with this issue.

Thank You;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  kszach Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:02 am

I tried the receiver on a different tv. This time an older Panasonic plasma that does not have any of the fancy ARC, ANYnet, etc features. HDMI out still does not work. I even tried the RCA out to that tv and nothing. Getting frustrated here.

kszach

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:48 pm

Please review your PM; as I will have a Product Support representative contact you regarding this issue if and when you are near the receiver for further evaluation and assistance.

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

HT-RC360 HDMI out stopped working Empty Onkyo service..... not so good

Post  kszach Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:52 pm

After weeks of trying to get someone to send us a box to ship our Onkyo receiver back, One finally arrives. I ship it back. No communication whatsoever from Onkyo. Then yesterday, there is a package on my doorstep when I get home. It looks exactly as I had shipped it, even with my "odd" tape job that I packaged it weeks earlier. Ok... so maybe someone did open the box, repackage the receiver and do a similar tape job to the box as I had done (please note the tape job was not cut so this was in fact either new tape job or the same). I open the box, there is not one piece of correspondence in the box. I do not remember how I wrapped the plastic bag around the receiver but I have my doubts that it was touched.

I put all doubts aside and setup the receiver. What do you know,STILL NO HDMI OUT. I try numerous different HDMI cable sets, I try my Samsung BD player, Dish Network receiver, and Sony PS3 and all that I can figure out with the 3 cables is that if the item connected to the TV says Onkyo, then no output. I get output from every other device with every cable in my house but not the Onkyo receiver. I try going thru the menus on the Onkyo (keep in mind I can only see what the front display on the receiver is reading cause there is no output to the TV), try every imaginable option and no output. I can tell that there is communication from the tv to the receiver by what the tv says (says to check my connected device when it is connect says to connect something when it is not connected to anything). I hear switching from the receiver when I turn the HDMI control on and off at the tv. I just do not get any sort of picture from the receiver to the tv. Please help. I am inches away from purchasing the new Yamaha RX-V673 Receiver. My previous Yamaha (Audio receiver) worked flawlessly for years and still works but I needed an A/V receiver.

kszach

Back to top Go down

HT-RC360 HDMI out stopped working Empty Follow-up for those watching at home

Post  kszach Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:38 pm

From my previous experience with this forum, I realize its limited functionality. So I called Onkyo support on 11/30 (keep in mind my system has been down now for over a month). They were completely baffled as to why my system was shipped to the service center in IL (The service center in IL was handling the random power-off issue that some systems experienced). But the support person I talked to said that the Service Center should have caught my problem since they check everything prior to shipping out. He was going to investigate and get back to me.... I'm still waiting (notice it is now 12/3). I get an email on 12/2 from this forum to call Support, good thing I did not wait for someone on this forum to tell me that as I had already put a call in on 11/30.

So, bottom line.. HDMI output on my receiver suddenly stopped working on 10/24 for not reason whatsoever. I can listen to a show but cannot see it. I've had the system for nearly 1 year and nothing else has changed, same cables, same everything. I walk thru the troubleshooting with Support (painful phone call, btw). They say that it needs to be sent in and that they would send me a box and shipping label. I wait for a box, it does not show up so I call and finally one shows up with a IL Service Center address. Ok, ship it. A week goes by and I get nothing back from Onkyo as to the status of my receiver. Then nearly 2 weeks later, it is on my door step with nothing else in the box stating if it was fixed or anything. I hook it up, and same problem. No HDMI out. I call the Support line and they are investigating.... still on 12/3.

This is more of a FYI for anybody searching for Onkyo support. I will likely purchase a Yamaha receiver and not look back to this. I just wish that I would have done that 1 year ago.

kszach

Back to top Go down

Post  kszach Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:54 pm

I finally was able to get in touch with someone on the phone line. They are having the Service Center call me... Any bets on when they actually call? I'm betting 1 week, after I make at least two more follow-up calls to them. I've never been so frustrated dealing with a piece of electronics!!! Onkyo does not stand by their product.

kszach

Back to top Go down

HT-RC360 HDMI out stopped working Empty And the fiasco continues....

Post  kszach Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:48 pm

So now my receiver is at the Service Center, but they have no authorization to repair it. Nobody can help, nobody seems to care. Why not just have a lifetime warranty on your product if you are not going to back it up? How about a "Free repairs tomorrow" sign on your website that stays active forever? I am approaching 2 months without my receiver. Never have I come across such disregard for the customer.

kszach

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down