Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-SR707: OSD at 720x576@50Hz, Samsung TV reverts from Just Scan to 16:9 when switching inputs

2 posters

Go down

TX-SR707: OSD at 720x576@50Hz, Samsung TV reverts from Just Scan to 16:9 when switching inputs Empty TX-SR707: OSD at 720x576@50Hz, Samsung TV reverts from Just Scan to 16:9 when switching inputs

Post  turmoil Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:28 am

Hello,

Setup
I have the following gear:
HDTV: Samsung LA46M81BDX
Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR707

Onkyo Inputs:
DVD/BD: Pioneer DV-383. Video=Component, Audio=Coaxial
VCR/DVR: WDTV Live. Video=HDMI, Audio=Optical
Game: Windows 7 laptop. Video/Audio=HDMI

Monitor:
Onkyo HDMI Monitor Out -> Samsung HDMI1

Problem description
My Samsung TV has an aspect ratio setting called Just Scan. With this setting the TV doesn't attempt to change the aspect ratio of the received signal and with 720P+ content means you get a 1:1 pixel aspect ratio, which is ideal.

What I have noticed was that when switching inputs in the receiver, the TV will change the aspect ration to 16:9, forcing me to manually revert it back to Just Scan. At first I wasn't sure why this is happening and had a feeling it was the TV, however after much troubleshooting I was able to find what causes this: when switching inputs in the receiver, the receiver will change the video signal from a format which works with Just Scan (1080P probably) to a lower resolution of 720x576@50Hz, for a very short moment. At this resolution, the Just Scan aspect ratio setting becomes unavailable (option is grayed out in the TV's menu) and the TV reverts to 16:9. According to the manual, only 720P and above signals are supported with Just Scan. The receiver switches to this format permanently when switching to an input with no signal, that's how I was able to get the details of that resolution.

I have been searching for weeks but found no clear answer. Even posted a thread in Home Theater Shack and an experienced moderator was unable to solve this puzzle. I though I'd have better chances asking at the Onkyo forums as the issue appears to be with the receiver.

Does anyone know why the receiver is doing this and what I can do to stop it from doing it?

Thanks in advance

turmoil

Back to top Go down

TX-SR707: OSD at 720x576@50Hz, Samsung TV reverts from Just Scan to 16:9 when switching inputs Empty Re: TX-SR707: OSD at 720x576@50Hz, Samsung TV reverts from Just Scan to 16:9 when switching inputs

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:41 pm

Where are you currently located? Upon research, that TV is available for sale outside the USA; and as we offer Product Support for US and Canadian Onkyo customers- I will be happy to forward this information to the regional Onkyo Product Support department that governs your location for futher assistance. Please send all information via PM or to the following email onkyoadmin@us.onkyo.com.

Best Regards;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

TX-SR707: OSD at 720x576@50Hz, Samsung TV reverts from Just Scan to 16:9 when switching inputs Empty Re: TX-SR707: OSD at 720x576@50Hz, Samsung TV reverts from Just Scan to 16:9 when switching inputs

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:35 pm

turmoil wrote:Hello,

Setup
I have the following gear:
HDTV: Samsung LA46M81BDX
Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR707

Onkyo Inputs:
DVD/BD: Pioneer DV-383. Video=Component, Audio=Coaxial
VCR/DVR: WDTV Live. Video=HDMI, Audio=Optical
Game: Windows 7 laptop. Video/Audio=HDMI

Monitor:
Onkyo HDMI Monitor Out -> Samsung HDMI1

Problem description
My Samsung TV has an aspect ratio setting called Just Scan. With this setting the TV doesn't attempt to change the aspect ratio of the received signal and with 720P+ content means you get a 1:1 pixel aspect ratio, which is ideal.

What I have noticed was that when switching inputs in the receiver, the TV will change the aspect ration to 16:9, forcing me to manually revert it back to Just Scan. At first I wasn't sure why this is happening and had a feeling it was the TV, however after much troubleshooting I was able to find what causes this: when switching inputs in the receiver, the receiver will change the video signal from a format which works with Just Scan (1080P probably) to a lower resolution of 720x576@50Hz, for a very short moment. At this resolution, the Just Scan aspect ratio setting becomes unavailable (option is grayed out in the TV's menu) and the TV reverts to 16:9. According to the manual, only 720P and above signals are supported with Just Scan. The receiver switches to this format permanently when switching to an input with no signal, that's how I was able to get the details of that resolution.

I have been searching for weeks but found no clear answer. Even posted a thread in Home Theater Shack and an experienced moderator was unable to solve this puzzle. I though I'd have better chances asking at the Onkyo forums as the issue appears to be with the receiver.

Does anyone know why the receiver is doing this and what I can do to stop it from doing it?

Thanks in advance

Hello turmoil;

Please reply back to the following email address (onkyoadmin@us.onkyo.com) with this information; as the regional Product Support department is awaiting your information.

Best Regards;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  turmoil Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:38 am

Hi, I have just sent an email to onkyoadmin@us.onkyo.com with my contact details.

Thanks very much,
turm

turmoil

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:29 pm

Thank you for your cooperation; will be forwarding to the appropriate representative(s) in your regional service area.

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  turmoil Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:17 am

Hi,

No one has contacted me yet. It has been over a month now.

Thanks

turmoil

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down