Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-NR808 Music file order query

2 posters

Go down

TX-NR808 Music file order query Empty TX-NR808 Music file order query

Post  Pedro the Swift Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:09 am

I did have a few problems ripping a 4 cd set to my pc (HP Pavilion, connect via ethernet) using Musicbee. The music itself or the rip wasn't the problem. The problem was identification and completion of tag information. My rip is now exactly as required on the pc, both in Musicbee and folder (I use a WD NAS).

I always start the music filenames with disc number and or track number since this can be important for playing cd tracks in the correct order. After working my way through the rip to finality I can't seem to get the AVR to recognise the final order. It still seems to remember things in a mixed up order. Other rips look fine and a work around is not really appropriate under these circumstances, in my view.

The order presented does not seem to be anything standard but more in line with some version of the mixed up rip.

Would you advise please.

Regards,
Peter

Pedro the Swift

Back to top Go down

TX-NR808 Music file order query Empty Re: TX-NR808 Music file order query

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:52 am

Hi Peter,
You're question has been given to a co-worker of mine and they are looking into this for you, thank you for your patience.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:49 pm

Hi Peter,
Thank you for your patience. We need a little more information from you such as the exact steps you are using. This will helps us to determine what is causing the issue the receiver or the software. Thank you for choosing Onkyo.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

TX-NR808 Music file order query Empty music steps

Post  Pedro the Swift Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:09 pm

At the MusicBee end I think the problem was that two folders were created with slightly different names. The name on the cd was unclear as to its exact spelling. It contained "..." and I wasn't sure that would form part of the name and the name was split over 2 lines. However, it all came together as a good plan should. But, the Onkyo stood out as the lone dissenter.

On the Onkyo, I tried all sorts of access - album, genre, folder etc with the same result; viz., a different music order. And, there doesn't appear to be a refresh to reflect the current order.

I note that the title of the song playing on the Onkyo does not contain the disc and track numbers. I presume this means the title comes from elsewhere (tag ?). While this may often be useful, when I select the folder option and folders are in order I should get titles in filename order (since folder view is akin to MS Explorer view ????). Even if I could place disc and track no. in a song title I'm not sure I want to. I'm fairly sure Itunes places same in filename too.

Hope this helps

Peter

Pedro the Swift

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:20 am

Hi Pedro the Swift,
I will pass this information along to my assoicate who is working on your issue, thank you for your patience.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:19 pm

Hi Peter,
Unfortunately, how you rip or record your CDs has nothing to do with the 808. However, we would like to know if you are using one of our NAS drives or someone elses? Thank you.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

TX-NR808 Music file order query Empty exact steps etc

Post  Pedro the Swift Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:20 pm

1) then don't ask for exact steps; I was explaining my exact steps as background and making a suggestion as to how I might have caused the problem- I KNOW you don't control the rip - I'm not an idiot

2) now back on reasonable ground, I use a Western Digital NAS (MyBookworld)

Thanks

Peter

Pedro the Swift

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down