Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My TX-NR3007 bit the dust.Please help ObiWan

3 posters

Go down

My TX-NR3007 bit the dust.Please help ObiWan Empty My TX-NR3007 bit the dust.Please help ObiWan

Post  peterk Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:35 am

Morning,

My Onkyo has problems and I need help. I purchased the TX-NR3007 from Accessories4less.com on 11/2010, refurb’ed with a one year warranty s/n 717r034756. Problems that I am having are also experienced by many owners based on the user forum postings heare and out on the net. And most are getting repairs out of warranty and some are also getting replacement units direct from Onkyo. I am in Maine and there is NO SERVICE CENTER for 400 miles. The original shipping box was destroyed in shipping which I called for a replacement but I was told by A4L these are not available seperately.

Symptoms are NO SOUND on any input, NO HDMI passthrough, NO SPEAKER ICONS. It started a couple of months ago; my wife said when she turned on the TV (with RIHD), the receiver turned on OK but had no sound. After turning both OFF and ON sometimes several attempts and sound was back. Well this gradually go worse, and power cycling had no effect, and I resorted to CLEAR, which worked until I turned the unit off and back on again. After that I tried unplugging the unit to reset, redoing the initial speaker setup and reconfiguring the input setups. That worked twice. Now nothing works. Again NO SOUND at all from any input, NO HDMI, NO SPEAKER ICONs. Everything we have is HDMI and is switched through the receiver. So at this point, I have rewired HDMI cables directly to the TV from the two DVRs, bypassing the Onkyo so we can at least watch TV.

The performance is stellar or should I say WAS, now that it is dead. Although I’ve read numerous reports of failure for overheating HDMI boards, my unit sits atop the open sided Salamander equipment rack so cooling is adequate. I am not happy with this purchase. After being a die-hard Yamaha fan for 20 years with absolutely zero defects, this Onkyo has issues with defective design. It sits quietly awaiting it's fate.

So please help in an way. My credit card was used and provides an additional 1 year extended protection on this purchase if needed.

**I would like a replacement for this unit**

Thanks in advance,.

PeterK

(I will also post this on the Onkyo support site)

peterk

Back to top Go down

My TX-NR3007 bit the dust.Please help ObiWan Empty Re: My TX-NR3007 bit the dust.Please help ObiWan

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:02 pm

Please contact our Parts & Services Dept at the number listed below during normal business hours Monday-Friday 9am-5pm EST ; or via email at parts@us.onkyo.com. They can be contacted at 201-785-2600, option # 4 for Parts & Services as they can further assist you regarding your issue. You will also need to submit a copy of your sales receipt via fax (201) 934-7823 or email: parts@us.onkyo.com. Please allow 3-5 business days for further processing of your service ticket/issue and await a response via phone or email. Please contact the department if you do not receive any information after 5 business days from submitting documentation.

Thank You;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

My TX-NR3007 bit the dust.Please help ObiWan Empty Re: My TX-NR3007 bit the dust.Please help ObiWan

Post  peterk Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:53 am

Thank you.

peterk

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:50 pm

Just following up; have you contacted the Parts & Services department regarding this issue? Have you emailed the pertinent information and documentation? You can also send this information to onkyoadmin@us.onkyo.com.

Best Regards;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  peterk Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:29 am

Yes thank you. I have already talked to parts and arranged to send the unit in for service Also emailed my receipt and provided the model and serial #.

Onkyo service has been really great!

peterk

Back to top Go down

My TX-NR3007 bit the dust.Please help ObiWan Empty All fixed!

Post  peterk Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:06 am

Yesterday, FedEx delivered my 3007 with 2 new boards - one, a video board (HDMI) and also, an audio board from United Audio Service in Syracuse NY.

It works flawlessly and sounds better than ever.

Thank you Onkyo for your help and one-time warranty coverage. And than you United Audio - you fixed it right the first time (at least I sure hope so!)You have a happy customer again. And the entire process was relatively painless.

Peter

peterk

Back to top Go down

My TX-NR3007 bit the dust.Please help ObiWan Empty Feedback on No Audio

Post  FAlmgren Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:07 pm

I have a 5007 with same issues that they fixed twice and it failed again 91 days after the latest fix. There still seems to be major quality problems with the HDMI cards or something else in this line is working. Possible design flaw. be careful to praise too quick.

FAlmgren

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:48 pm

We apologize for the delay in responding to your email. We are experiencing a heavy volume of phone and email inquiries. We appreciate your patience and understanding; but in regards to your issue- Please contact our Parts & Services Dept at the number listed below during normal business hours Monday-Friday 9am-5pm EST ; or via email at parts@us.onkyo.com. They can be contacted at 201-785-2600, option # 4 for Parts & Services as they can further assist you regarding obtaining a one-time warranty and service agreement to have your receiver repaired. You will need to speak with the Parts & Services department to inquire about either having your receiver serviced since you are not under warranty or if you'd like to possibly request a trade-in for our current line of B-stock receivers (while available in inventory).

You will also need to submit a copy of your sales receipt via fax (201) 934-7823 or email: parts@us.onkyo.com. Please allow 3-5 business days for further processing of your service ticket and to contact the service center and await a response via phone or email. Please contact the department if you do not receive any information after 5 business days from submitting documentation.

Thank You;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  peterk Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:45 pm

FAlmgren wrote:I have a 5007 with same issues that they fixed twice and it failed again 91 days after the latest fix. There still seems to be major quality problems with the HDMI cards or something else in this line is working. Possible design flaw. be careful to praise too quick.

This time I added a 200 mm 12v fan that sits flat on top of the receiver, pulling air up through the receiver. I think temperature is killing these things.

But to be fair, bolth Onkyo and United Radio did their jobs well. I appreciate that especially today, when quality work is harder to find.

peterk

Back to top Go down

My TX-NR3007 bit the dust.Please help ObiWan Empty Response on Service

Post  FAlmgren Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:07 am

My service from ABL Electronics has been great. If it is a heat issue then Onkyo should own up to a defective design and provide a fix that this supported by their Engineering team. Good idea. I will see if mine can be fixed and will watch to see if your receiver lasts.

Thanks

FAlmgren

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:24 pm

To date; there is no known issues suggesting this as a cause of HDMI failure, but neverthless an unsubstantiated theory. How long have you owned this receiver again? I would advise you to speak with our Parts & Services Dept at the number listed below during normal business hours Monday-Friday 9am-5pm EST ; or via email at parts@us.onkyo.com. They can be contacted at 201-785-2600, option # 4 for Parts & Services as they can further assist you regarding obtaining a one-time warranty and service agreement to have your receiver repaired. You will need to speak with the Parts & Services department to inquire about either having your receiver serviced since you are not under warranty or if you'd like to possibly request a trade-in for our current line of B-stock receivers (while available in inventory).

You will also need to submit a copy of your sales receipt via fax (201) 934-7823 or email: parts@us.onkyo.com. Please allow 3-5 business days for further processing of your service ticket and to contact the service center and await a response via phone or email. Please contact the department if you do not receive any information after 5 business days from submitting documentatiion.

Cordially;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

My TX-NR3007 bit the dust.Please help ObiWan Empty Close This Response

Post  FAlmgren Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:26 pm

Thanks for your support. I have a response on a different post. I apologize for your extra work. I have called parts and received excellent support.

FAlmgren

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:37 pm

No problem. Thank you again for your feedback.

Best Regards;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down