Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

lost lcd display on Onkyo TX-SR606 Receiver

5 posters

Go down

lost lcd display on Onkyo TX-SR606 Receiver Empty lost lcd display on Onkyo TX-SR606 Receiver

Post  gailc Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:12 am

I am not very technical, so I am at a loss here. I dont know if I hit a wrong button on the remote or if something is going wrong with my TX-SR606 receiver, but yesterday I lost the lighted display on the front of my receiver. I can still change volume, set the sleep timer, change the input, but cannot see what is happening. I tried to use the "display" button on the remote but that just showed the sound choice setting I think. The "dim" control didnt seem to do anything either. I cant find an answer in my instruction manual and don't know what else to try. Can this be fixed, or do I need to replace this entire receiver?

Thanks for any advice.

Gail

gailc

Back to top Go down

lost lcd display on Onkyo TX-SR606 Receiver Empty Are you in Pure Audio mode?

Post  steverobertsbbc Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:18 pm

There's a mode on my NR515 which turns off the display for optimum audio performance. You enter and exit from it using the listening mode buttons on the remote. On my amp's remote, they're the red, green, blue and yellow buttons.

steverobertsbbc

Back to top Go down

lost lcd display on Onkyo TX-SR606 Receiver Empty Re: lost lcd display on Onkyo TX-SR606 Receiver

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:58 am

Hi gailc,

It sounds like something internal within you tx-sr606 and would need to be looked at by a service center. Authorized service centers can be found on our main page under support.

Thank you,

Forum Moderator.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

lost lcd display on Onkyo TX-SR606 Receiver Empty lost lcd display on Onkyo TX-SR606 Receiver

Post  marks Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:36 pm

I just started having the same problem, though not completly lost. I'm bummed, back in January i had to make the capacitor fix (HDMI switching issue) myself with success. Kudos to you tube Eddie kern. Would nice if this can be that easy. Has anyone fixxed this dimmer issue?

marks

Back to top Go down

lost lcd display on Onkyo TX-SR606 Receiver Empty Re: lost lcd display on Onkyo TX-SR606 Receiver

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:38 pm

If you are having this issue; - it would possibly be more effective to contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation below. We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue, with you having access to your unit, as prompt as possible. We would like to speak with you and provide a thorough answer to your inquiry and assist you with any further questions you may have.

Best Regards;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

lost lcd display on Onkyo TX-SR606 Receiver Empty Same Problem here

Post  Banoz Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:12 pm

might be too late to join this discussion, but I have the same problem.
My warranty has expired and I'm trying to find a guide similar to Ed's about this.

Anyone had any luck?

Regards

Banoz

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:59 pm

Please contact our Parts & Services Dept via fax 201-934-7823 or email (parts@us.onkyo.com) at the number listed below during normal business hours Monday-Friday 9am-5pm EST. You will need to provide the following information: Name, address, contact info (telephone number/ email address); along with copy of sales receipt, model number, serial number; and full description of issue(s) of your TX-SR606 receiver. Note: if you do not have your sales receipt; please provide information on date and dealer of purchase for your TX-SR606 receiver. Your correspondence will be reviewed and handled by the Parts & Services representative who will contact you regarding your issue.

Please complete the Customer Written Statement form attached to this email and if you do not have a copy of the original sales receipt; please provide the dealer and date of purchase of your TX-SR 606 and if you can provide a credit card statement showing the dealer and purchase- this would suffice. We will need 3-5 business days to process and review this service ticket and will contact you back promptly.

Cordially;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down