Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-NR708 no sound

2 posters

Go down

TX-NR708 no sound Empty TX-NR708 no sound

Post  Witt19 Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:25 pm

Used the receiver one day, went on vacation the next, came home to turn it on and now I have no sound with any input source.
I see in the troubleshooting guide that it mentions "The STANDBY indicator flashes red". It doesn't flash red unless I select an input which I think was normal.

I have followed and tried the obvious trouble shooting guide and like I said, worked one day, turned it on a few days later to no sound.
I also use FM radio as my test source since it is built into the receiver and eliminates testing cables which I have done.

Any suggestions other that going through "The STANDBY indicator flashes red" procedure.
Resetting the receiver.
Calling Onkyo.

Thanks in advance

Witt19

Back to top Go down

TX-NR708 no sound Empty Re: TX-NR708 no sound

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:24 am

Hi Witt19,

I would suggest resetting the unit to see if that works. To do the reset you need to turn the receiver on, then on the front panel of the receiver press and hold the "VCR/DVR" button while doing that press the "STANDBY/ON" button. You will see the word "Clear" in the display screen and the receiver will go into standby mode. PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR AUDIO & VIDEO ASSIGNMENTS ON THE RECEIVER PLUS YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR SPEAKER CONFIGURATIONS, SPEAKER DISTANCE AND ALL LEVEL CALIBRATION SETTINGS. YOU WILL ALSO LOSE ANY PROGRAMMED RADIO STATIONS IN MEMORY. Once the receiver goes into standby mode turn it back on and go thru the setup menu for all custom settings.

Thank you,

Forum Moderator.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Witt19 Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:36 pm

No luck with resetting the unit, guess I will be making a call to tech support in the next few days.

Witt19

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down