Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Difference between HT-RC460 & TX-NR515

2 posters

Go down

Difference between HT-RC460 & TX-NR515 Empty Difference between HT-RC460 & TX-NR515

Post  El Nacho Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:33 pm

I am in the market for a new receiver, and I had basically decided on the TX-NR515, until I found a link to this forum and the 15 page thread basically telling me to stay as far away as possible.

Despite that, I am still considering in getting an Onkyo receiver, and am curious about the HT-RC460. I did a side by side comparison on Onkyo's product site, and it says that the only difference is that the RC460 has one HDMI out, and the NR515 has two. The list of features shows the RC430 as having 2 HDMI outs and the picture of the backside confirms that. So is it safe to assume that the RC460 is nothing more than a rebranded NR515? Does anyone know if it shares the same problem with dropped HDMI output? It is very hard to find any information at all about the HT-RC460, and a google search only turns up one thread on another forum with 0 replies that is basically asking the same questions as I am. Does anyone have any information at all on the subject? Thanks in advance.

El Nacho

Back to top Go down

Difference between HT-RC460 & TX-NR515 Empty Re: Difference between HT-RC460 & TX-NR515

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:56 pm

Hi El Nacho,

They are basically the same but we have not heard of any issues with this model. The HT-RC460 does have two HDMI outputs by the way.

Thank you.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Difference between HT-RC460 & TX-NR515 Empty Re: Difference between HT-RC460 & TX-NR515

Post  El Nacho Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:17 pm

I'm just wondering how many you've sold. I can't find a single review for one online. If they really are basically identical, why wouldn't the RC460 be affected with the same issue? Different firmware? Different internal components? I am dying to pull the trigger, but I really need more info before I do so.

El Nacho

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:41 am

Hi El Nacho,

The reason why there are no reviews on this new product is because we have not shipped them yet to our dealers.

Thank you.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  El Nacho Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:07 pm

Not to try and sound aggressive, but it really feels like you're being very vague and deceptively omissive with your replies. If you haven't shipped any yet, then of course you wouldn't have heard of any issues, because there isn't anybody that owns one that can report a problem. I'll try to be as direct as possible with this one question and hopefully you won't be able to continue to play word games to deflect from answering the question. Are there any differences between the two receivers that would cause the RC460 to not experience the same issues that the NR515 has?

El Nacho

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:13 pm

Hi El Nacho,

I apologize and with all due respect as stated before they are basically the same units but as to the question of if they have the same issues since it is not out yet this I have no information on.

Thank you.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  El Nacho Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:45 pm

Surely you can see that it's reasonable to assume that the phrase "we have not heard of any issues with this model" implies that you have a sample size greater than zero? With all due respect.

Anyway, I guess I'll be looking at other manufacturers for my receiver, which is unfortunate since I really would like to have the 8 HDMI inputs and I do feel somewhat loyal to the brand. I'm just not willing to gamble on Onkyo right now with all the issues they are having and the fact that it doesn't look like much is being done to resolve the issue.

El Nacho

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down