Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HT-S3400 No Video

2 posters

Go down

HT-S3400 No Video Empty HT-S3400 No Video

Post  brysonjk Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:46 pm

I am trying to troubleshoot my surround sound system, and I am starting to think it is actually broken. I have had this system since Christmas, and it has worked great. The other day, I lost video. I have been through the HDMI checklist, done a factory reset on the system, and tonight I tried the "disable Deep Color" thing, and no matter what I do, I get no picture to the TV. I have tested the cable box by directly to the TV, and it works great. Then I swapped out the other HDMI cable to test it, and it was fine. The only thing left is the receiver. Anyone happen to have any ideas before I call the Support line again? Forgot to mention, I do get sound, just no video.

Thanks in advance
Jeremy

brysonjk

Back to top Go down

HT-S3400 No Video Empty Re: HT-S3400 No Video

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:25 am

Hi brysonjk,

What are the devices you have connected to the receiver and are they all connected via HDMI? What is the length of the HDMI cable from the receiver to the TV? If possible please provide models numbers for the other devices.

Thank you.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  brysonjk Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:36 pm

Devices are Comcast (Motorola) cable box --> 3ft/1m HDMI --> Onkyo Receiver --> 3ft/1m HDMI --> Samgsung DLP.

I have changed TV inputs (no change), changed Onkyo imputs (no change), bypass Onkyo (get video, and sound through TV). With Onkyo in the path, I get no video on TV, but have sound through Receiver.

brysonjk

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:47 pm

Hi brysonjk,

Have you tried a reset of the unit yet? To do the reset you need to turn the receiver on, then on the front panel of the receiver press and hold the "VCR/DVR" button while doing that press the "STANDBY/ON" button. You will see the word "Clear" in the display screen and the receiver will go into standby mode. PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR AUDIO & VIDEO ASSIGNMENTS ON THE RECEIVER PLUS YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR SPEAKER CONFIGURATIONS, SPEAKER DISTANCE AND ALL LEVEL CALIBRATION SETTINGS. YOU WILL ALSO LOSE ANY PROGRAMMED RADIO STATIONS IN MEMORY. Once the receiver goes into standby mode turn it back on and go thru the setup menu for all custom settings. If this does not resolve it then it would need to go to a service center for further evaluation. If you are within the USA authorized service centers can be found on our main page under support. If you are outside the USA then please go to our global website at www.onkyo.com and select your country.

Thank you.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  brysonjk Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:28 pm

I have tried the reset, and the also the recommended turning off the Deep Color option. Nothing seems to work.

brysonjk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down