Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-NR807 sound failed

4 posters

Go down

TX-NR807 sound failed Empty TX-NR807 sound failed

Post  webbpaw Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:33 pm

I purchased my TX-NR807 in Nov of 09 and for over 2 years it has performed well.
Then on July 3rd, I came home after work, turned on my receiver, and ta-da nothing! Video only...
I went through the menu and noticed network was stuck in initializing. I tried turning power off, and resetting per the owners manual but nothing worked.
After a little research online I found this condition to be far from isolated, and all to common to happen just out of the 2 year warranty.
I can't even email Onkyo from there Onkyousa/support site. I keep getting a "cannot connect to server message". This is Not very encouraging, to say the least.
All I can say at this point, my trust in Onkyo products and there quality is not what it was when I purchase this receiver. 2 and half years of service out of such an expensive product is unacceptable!
I would like to know what my options are; I certainly don’t feel I should have to fork out a ton of money to fix this receiver when clearly this is a product quality issue. And a wide spread one at that!

webbpaw

Back to top Go down

TX-NR807 sound failed Empty Re: TX-NR807 sound failed

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:44 pm

Hi webbpaw,

You will need to contact our parts and service department on this issue. They can be reached at 201-785-2600 option #4 for further assistance.

Thank you.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  cecl Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:43 pm

I'm also in the same boat. I've sent a couple of emails and its been days with no response:

To: "parts @ us. onkyo. com"
Cc:
Sent: Monday, July 9, 2012 12:28 PM
Subject: No sound from TX-NR807

Hello,

My Onkyo receiver stopped producing any sound. I tried resetting the unit and still cannot get any sound to work. My research online indicates many others with this model are experiencing the same issue. My info is below:

Name:
Model: TX-NR807
Serial #:
Address:
Phone:

cecl

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:48 pm

Hi cecl,

I will look into this for you.

Thank you.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

TX-NR807 sound failed Empty Funny I searched the forum by model number to no avail

Post  indierail Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:59 pm

I too am in the same boat. I purchased mine from Fry's about a year ago but do not have the "original bill of sale"; why that is required is beyond me unless onkyo builds junk that sits for extended periods of time on a retail shelf before being bought. You would think that the date of manufacture or at least (based on the cost of such an expensive unit) some sort of dealer notification would happen.

I too have no sound at all and cannot contact via network. Looks like a systemic problem. I'll check out the AVS Forums to see the real dope on the issue. Not what I was expecting out of such a pricey unit.......maybe that's why it looks like Vann's isn't carrying a whole lot of onkyo anymore......

indierail

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down