Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-8050 need to turn on, off, on to be able to use it

3 posters

Go down

TX-8050 need to turn on, off, on to be able to use it Empty TX-8050 need to turn on, off, on to be able to use it

Post  bbells Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:24 pm

Every single time I turn on my TX-8050 it immediately turns off again. But, When I turn it on a second time it works fine. Also, I cannot locate it via the android app Onkyoremote until I turn it on a second time. I have unplugged it overnight, checked for new firmware (it was up to date), and reset it. Again, it works fine both with the android app and playing music the second time I turn it on. Is there anything I can do to fix this? Thanks!

bbells

Back to top Go down

TX-8050 need to turn on, off, on to be able to use it Empty Re: TX-8050 need to turn on, off, on to be able to use it

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:41 pm

Hi bbells,

You should not have to turn the unit on twice for it to work. Just as a test have you tried to turn it on without any speakers connected?
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

TX-8050 need to turn on, off, on to be able to use it Empty Re: TX-8050 need to turn on, off, on to be able to use it

Post  bbells Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:33 pm

Yes, it does the same thing with the speakers disconnected.

If I turn it on a second time it stays on. It does the same thing whether I use the remote to turn it on and off, or press the on button on the front of the stereo. If I understand correctly using the remote should be putting it into stand by. The switch on front is actually on and off?

Oh, I don't know if it is related, but the "Net" light that is usually on is no longer on when it does this. "Net" is sometimes lit for a few minutes after turning the stereo off or putting it in standby, sometimes it is not on at all after this. And, the stereo must be manually turned on either with the remote or button on the unit (doesn't matter if it was turned off with the remote or the button on the front) for the android app Onkyoremote to be able to locate the stereo.

Thanks for any help.

bbells

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:02 pm

Hi bbells,

At this point if you're within your exchange period from the dealer you can return it and get another one. Or if you are outside of their exchange period you can check our main page for an authorized service center for further evaluation.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

TX-8050 need to turn on, off, on to be able to use it Empty have to turn it on twice...

Post  bootboiler Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:13 pm

I am having the same problem, and am out of return... Do I have to ship it to the repair facility?

I wonder if this has something to do with standby... I get only one click then it turns off...

bootboiler

Back to top Go down

Post  bbells Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:38 pm

I found a local repair shop who fixed mine. Check the Onkyo support page. FYI: It had 3 bad transistors and a bad pre-amp board. I had to return my first TX8050 for a similar reason. I had this one too long to return to the dealer. So, for the first 3 months of ownership I actually had the stereo in my house for 2 weeks.

bbells

Back to top Go down

Post  bootboiler Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:00 pm

bbells wrote:I found a local repair shop who fixed mine. Check the Onkyo support page. FYI: It had 3 bad transistors and a bad pre-amp board. I had to return my first TX8050 for a similar reason. I had this one too long to return to the dealer. So, for the first 3 months of ownership I actually had the stereo in my house for 2 weeks.

Thanks, I will have to get on that, hard part is that it works fine if I hit the switch twice, but I bet it is the pre-amp... at least....

bootboiler

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:55 am

Hi bootboiler,

I apologize for the inconvenience. Our authorized service centers can be found on our main page under support.

Thank you,

Forum Moderator.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

TX-8050 need to turn on, off, on to be able to use it Empty Closest Service is 400 miles away

Post  bootboiler Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:46 pm

OnkyoUSA wrote:Hi bootboiler,

I apologize for the inconvenience. Our authorized service centers can be found on our main page under support.

Thank you,

Forum Moderator.

Thanks, I had a look and the closes Service listing is 400 miles away in Huntington Beach, do I have to ship it there, or will they suggest a closer location? Will Onkyo pay the shipping or is that for me?

Thanks,

bootboiler

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:38 pm

Hi bootboiler,

If you want to get it repaired under the warranty then according to the warranty policy you are responsible for getting it to the service center and we will be responsible for the repair and getting it back to you.

Thank you,

Forum Moderator.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  bootboiler Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:16 pm

OnkyoUSA wrote:Hi bootboiler,

If you want to get it repaired under the warranty then according to the warranty policy you are responsible for getting it to the service center and we will be responsible for the repair and getting it back to you.

Thank you,

Forum Moderator.

Will do and thanks, the only service center in California is 400 miles away and has a Yelp reputation of 2, which generally I would not even go to. Can I send it to any Service center I like? Seems the other person with this problem had good results with his Service Center, can I send it there?

bootboiler

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:16 pm

Hi bootboiler,

If it is an authorized service center than by all means you may send it there otherwise if it is not an authorized service center then unfortunately you will incur all cost associated with the fix.

Thank you,

Forum Moderator.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

TX-8050 need to turn on, off, on to be able to use it Empty All fixed...

Post  bootboiler Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:19 am

It is all fixed and works well, the folks at Adams did a great job, and got it back to me quick as they could but the parts took 10 days to come in. Cost me $30 which sort of negates all my searching for the lowest price. Still don't understand how Onkyo doesn't have a Service Center in the SF Bay area, which has a population of more than 7.5 Million.

bootboiler

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:46 pm

Glad to read this has been resolved by our regional service center. If you have any more questions or concerns , Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation (Monday- Friday 9am to 8pm EST/ Saturday- Sunday 10am to 4pm EST: (800) 229-1687; option #3 PRODUCT SUPPORT). We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue as prompt as possible.

Cordially;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down