Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tx 8050 with UWF-1 seems to have trouble connecting

2 posters

Go down

tx 8050 with UWF-1 seems to have trouble connecting Empty tx 8050 with UWF-1 seems to have trouble connecting

Post  hlondon Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:30 pm

After I hit NET on the remote, it takes quite while to initialize (possibly a minute). Then it says 'connecting' and eventually the display shows Vtuner Internet Radio, but right below that it shows >Back. So I hit 'return' on the remote, and it takes me back to Vtuner, but it still says >back below. After several cycles of this, it then displays My Favorites, I click on that, and I get the >back again, so I hit Return again, ....etc. Eventually I am able to connect and start streaming stations. But last night the connection cut off completely in the middle of streaming, and I couldn't get the station again or do anything else.

It seems to me that it shouldn/t be necessary to go through all of these attempts before being successful. I checked the firmware version # that is on the unit, and is the one that was released in March, 2012.

???

--Howard London

hlondon

Back to top Go down

tx 8050 with UWF-1 seems to have trouble connecting Empty Re: tx 8050 with UWF-1 seems to have trouble connecting

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:56 pm

Hi hlondon,

How far is your router from the receiver? Are there any walls or floors the signal must go through to reach the receiver?
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

tx 8050 with UWF-1 seems to have trouble connecting Empty onkyo tx-8050 has trouble connecting

Post  hlondon Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:52 pm

OnkyoUSA wrote:Hi hlondon,

How far is your router from the receiver? Are there any walls or floors the signal must go through to reach the receiver?

The router is an adjoining room, not more than 20 or 30 feet from the receiver, but there is one wall to go through. I have a standalone internet radio (CC Crane) in yet another room, about the same distance away, actually with two walls between it and the router, and that radio connects more easily.

hlondon

Back to top Go down

tx 8050 with UWF-1 seems to have trouble connecting Empty Re: tx 8050 with UWF-1 seems to have trouble connecting

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down