Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-SR875 only static noise all inputs and outputs

2 posters

Go down

TX-SR875 only static noise all inputs and outputs Empty TX-SR875 only static noise all inputs and outputs

Post  1939dodge Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:28 pm

I have a Onkyo TX-sr875 that has been experiencing issues. I can not get any music to play from any source or to any zone all I get is static noise. The volume control works and I can turn up the static, but do not get any music. I have gone through all of the settings and have not been able to get anything to work. So what have you guys found to be the problem and solution to this? Do I have some setting wrong that I am missing? I even did the factory reset a few times.

Serial number E780020218

From reading other posts, it sounds like I have a 65lb paperweight that cost about the same as a cheap car... Sad

I am out of warranty so has anyone replaced the board themselves?

THANKS!!

1939dodge

Back to top Go down

TX-SR875 only static noise all inputs and outputs Empty Re: TX-SR875 only static noise all inputs and outputs

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:58 pm

Hi 1939dodge,

Although it is possible to change the board yourself it is not advised as we only sell them to authorized service centers. I would suggest locating an authorized service center for repair as they are familiar with how to fix our products.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

TX-SR875 only static noise all inputs and outputs Empty Re: TX-SR875 only static noise all inputs and outputs

Post  1939dodge Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:05 pm

I need to know what the issue could be and what may need replacement... I am not going to go spend another $80 to have someone look at the reciever and tell me it will cost $450 to fix.

If you can give me an idea of what may be wrong and an idea of MSRP for the parts that would be a good start.

1939dodge

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:18 pm

Hi 1939dodge,

Unfortunately since we are not internal technicians I can not advise you on what it wrong with your unit.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  1939dodge Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:23 pm

OK, I sent in an e-mail as well but have not recieved a reply. I need to know if this is worth fixing before I start spending more money on it.

1939dodge

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:30 pm

Hi 1939dodge,

Unfortunately I can not advise on that answer as it is a personal one to be made.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  1939dodge Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:01 pm

not really, if the cost to repair is more than half the cost of a new one it is absolutely not worth fixing, if it is only $100 to fix it is worth fixing... If you can please have someone contact me to give me an idea of what could be causing the issue, a few trouble shooting tests I can perform to make sure it is not opperator error and a cost annalysis of the potential solutions given the assumptions are correct on the problems.

Thanks

1939dodge

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:07 pm

Hi 1939dodge,

Again, we are not internal technicians we are external so we have no idea on how much this costs or what is wrong with your unit that would have to come from an internal technician. If you would like you may contact our parts and service department for pricing information. They can be reached at 201-785-2600 option number 4.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down