Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture)

+138
plouie10
DHTech
Deuce2119
Spinplasm
mid_gen
Feuerwehr
prymevil
DADEO
gsalciccioli
Paladin2187
adamcall
311stylie
kjbuk
zinferlo
jackr000
rwanat1224
larryf67
Widmark
kaplansa
kalliasx
av-dude
sidigs
Anthony Bonello
huckster2
thedogstarman
mog_pj
ndskurfer
ZeroFusion
legeferenda
Xrypton
thedr
elchucho
LarryRac
skeeter
FlyByNgt
tulak
Mark515
alexade
ijthay
GilmanW
Kram
Greyfax1
Briwis
robyholmes
alskop
tvandemeeberg
david_l312
cheth
CVuPlay
sika stag
The_Chemist
Jarsky
Dubguy
Pdub247
ashley68
Jes The Cat
markwyse24
MARK616
riconek
bjornr
Poechi
sterrenberg
Lawplace
DournP
arlibama
enigmakrishna
parosser
rataplan
city1
jollyred
Hans143
thecaptain
Bitsmart Corp
mgause
ChrisNow
hjmm2002
gotagreatdog
dazkgoodwin
chatman
MusicLover
den327nj
bhinesley
JohnDollin
namwol55
teryglenn1
ejronin
Cloneman315
aballen
Seb007
jbhieber
JayeizH
steverobertsbbc
kimbray
funchameleon
megabyzus
Stereo Steve
pla
timbock2
xeryax
smashpwnage
likeahoss
Jonginear
jaypugh
toto
ernestshackleton
nexusseven
Jeron
mwhorseman
Jagdad
tedgocal
Sanxion72
rvath
Guindalf
dsteele1
txuser
911jason
cpmmk1
MusicHK
Otter0911
fchamorro
Spocktwin
miami580
dibe
mastergravis
KI2000
jksmccoy
Dadorama
chrisg
coryip
meyerman
jensen
zingmaster
jerryw
roger4680
Didsbury Nick
rlh
OnkyoUSA
etw
142 posters

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Go down

TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture) - Page 20 Empty Re: TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture)

Post  chrisinvan Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:52 pm

In fairness this forum is only the people who are having problems (if your amp works, you don't post here)... I understand the problems are with the electronics/firmware used in the 414, 515 and 616.
That said my new 515 can't keep an HDMI handshake with my PS3. It's a nice sounding full-featured AVR when it works... A lot seems to depend on which devices you're using over HDMI. My PVR and 360 work fine.
For me not having my PS3 play nice with the receiver is a deal-breaker, though.

chrisinvan

Back to top Go down

TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture) - Page 20 Empty Re: TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture)

Post  Deuce2119 Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:22 pm

chrisinvan wrote:In fairness this forum is only the people who are having problems (if your amp works, you don't post here)...

Well, I post here and I HAVE NOT had any problems since the update.

All you have to do is compare the activity in this thread before the 400 update and after. Obviously the vast majority of issues have been resolved.

It's my opinion that some... SOME... people who were not helped perhaps did not perform the update successfully... it has to be done in a very specific way to work. Just follow Onkyo's online instructional video, but if you have problems all you have to do is call support and they will walk you through it.

Of course, some people will have isolated failures and that is unfortunate, but that happens with all products. Remember they're selling hundreds of these a day... if this were still a widespread problem there would still be heavy reports of it, and we just aren't seeing that.

People considering this receiver and reading this thread should realize the problem has been largely solved.

And no, there are no similar receivers without spending another $100++ or more...maybe not at any price....

I love my 515!!!

Deuce2119

Back to top Go down

TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture) - Page 20 Empty Onkyo NX515 still has HDMI problems (audio) after latest update

Post  tgreene Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:52 am

With the latest firmware (1141-0108-0400) I am losing all HDMI audio signals when I power-off and (a few hours later) power-on the Onkyo nx515. The only fix is to unplug the Onkyo, wait a few seconds, and plug it back in.

With the earlier firmware, I was losing all HDMI video routing through the primary HDMI output after the Onkyo was powered-on. Only the secondary HDMI output was displaying video (however, since the secondary HDMI output doesn't display the screen overlays or onscreen Onkyo menus, it wasn't a sufficient workaround).

After upgrading to the newest firmware (with USB), and resetting the unit to factory defaults, the HDMI video now works, but the HDMI audio sometime fails when the unit is powered-on. The only fix is to unplug/plug-in the unit.

FYI, I have 4 HDMI inputs connected: PS3, XBox360, Apple TV, and Mac Mini.

Any suggestions?

tgreene

Back to top Go down

Post  FlyByNgt Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:44 am

tgreene wrote:With the latest firmware (1141-0108-0400) I am losing all HDMI audio signals when I power-off and (a few hours later) power-on the Onkyo nx515. The only fix is to unplug the Onkyo, wait a few seconds, and plug it back in.

With the earlier firmware, I was losing all HDMI video routing through the primary HDMI output after the Onkyo was powered-on. Only the secondary HDMI output was displaying video (however, since the secondary HDMI output doesn't display the screen overlays or onscreen Onkyo menus, it wasn't a sufficient workaround).

After upgrading to the newest firmware (with USB), and resetting the unit to factory defaults, the HDMI video now works, but the HDMI audio sometime fails when the unit is powered-on. The only fix is to unplug/plug-in the unit.

FYI, I have 4 HDMI inputs connected: PS3, XBox360, Apple TV, and Mac Mini.

Any suggestions?

I noticed in your post you mentioned unplugging "wait a few seconds" The "soft reset" of the unplugging the unit should be unplugged from the power for at least 5 minutes. You will NOT lose any of your settings. I just helped someone in the TX-NR414 who was having problem and he did as I have found to work with my TX-NR717 when nothing else I tried worked. It has been working like a champ ever since. Not one problem. Give it a try. Unplug for at least 5 minutes.

Hope this helps and works for you also. Let us know here. It helps others and Onkyo.
Have a good evening. Ciao, FlyByNgt 12-28-12

Last edited by FlyByNgt on Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:46 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
FlyByNgt
FlyByNgt

Back to top Go down

Post  tgreene Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:55 pm

FlyByNgt wrote:
I noticed in your post you mentioned unplugging "wait a few seconds" The "soft reset" of the unplugging the unit should be unplugged from the power for at least 5 minutes. You will NOT lose any of your settings. I just helped someone in the TX-NR414 who was having problem and he did as I have found to work with my TX-NR717 when nothing else I tried worked. It has been working like a champ ever since. Not one problem. Give it a try. Unplug for at least 5 minutes.

Hope this helps and works for you also. Let us know here. It helps others and Onkyo.
Have a good evening. Ciao, FlyByNgt 12-28-12

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, whether I unplug for 2 seconds or 30 minutes, the result is the same. I am getting audio through HDMI while the unit is powered on, but after it's off for a few hours, I no longer get HDMI audio again *from any of the HDMI inputs* until the unit is unplugged and re-plugged in.

This is now consistent and reproducible. Each evening, I power on the TX-NR515 using the remote. There is no audio through any of the four HDMI sources I have connected (video is now fine, just no audio). FM/AM is fine (I haven't tested Optical or Coax). As soon as I walk over, unplug/replug the receiver, HDMI audio works fine again until the next day.

It's pretty disappointing to be forced to re-plugin the receiver each time I want to use it. Any fixes on the horizon? Any other suggestions?

tgreene

Back to top Go down

Post  bigc123 Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:41 pm

Amazon's price went up so I'm waiting to see if it will drop again. I just want to be totally clear, have most people noticed the issue being resolved?

bigc123

Back to top Go down

Post  kalliasx Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:13 pm

OnkyoUSA wrote:I would suggest you try to reserve a SKYPE callback reservation (using a Skype enabled device or webcam and microphone, iPad or Android tablet device with Skype, or cellphone with Skype) for an interactive and visual presentation of your current setup so we can further assist you at the following weblink: http://www.onkyousa.com/support_appointment_afaq.cfm?skype=y. This reservation is aavailable Monday -Friday 10am to 4pm EST; we would like to view your setup and work to resolve your issue.

Best Regards;

Forum Moderator

Ok just letting you know that I've tried everything, I've tried plugging 5 different PCs via HDMI, it simply won't work, everything else works well since the last firmware update, but I can't make the PC to work, it will with another projector, but it won't with the Acer H5360BD Sad, my only way to make it work is to connect VGA directly on the beamer, and use an optic cable for sound, this way it works, but of course that's not practical as I must change sources on both the onkyo and beamer. Nevertheless for now that's how I operate.

I will go check to see if the Acer has a firmware update by any chance. I've also tried 3 different cables so I'm pretty sure the issue doesn't come fromt that, and like I said with a Acer K11 beamer I get the picture. What is EXTREMLY annoying is that if I activate both hdmi outputs, connect both beamers, when the K11 detects the image, the H5360 detects it too !!! How unbelievable is this. Then if I turn off the K11, the image goes from the H5360BD as well, it's just incredible and frustrating at the same time, cause it means it should work, it CAN work, it just doesn't.

I'm so sorry I sold my old 608, it was perfect and all was working, what was I thinking Sad

Anyway, I've pretty much given up on the issue for now, as it's too frustrating. I'll check Acer forums to see if anyone is having a similar issue, as for the skype offer, it's nice and maybe we can do it, but do you really think it will change anything ? I've been having beamer home cinemas for close to 16 years now, I know everything there is to know about connecting my hardware, so if you're hoping for a wrongly connected cable you'll be disappointed, and like I said I've tried 5 different PCs (including a mabcook air that detected just fine with the SR608, and is not detected with the NR515).

Just my 2 cents,
Chris

kalliasx

Back to top Go down

Post  daign Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:07 pm

iam having this problem with a brand new tx616. Power reset fixes the problem but there is no possible way to get video out to the tv.

very disappointed. going to return to frys. shame i have been an onkyo customer for 8 years...

daign

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:45 pm

daign wrote:iam having this problem with a brand new tx616. Power reset fixes the problem but there is no possible way to get video out to the tv.

very disappointed. going to return to frys. shame i have been an onkyo customer for 8 years...

Did you update the firmware version of this receiver to the latest version (1141-0108-0400)? We are finding many customers stating they have the latest version and upon research they having the previous versions. If you are still experiencing the same issue , Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation (Monday- Sunday 24 hours a day: (800) 229-1687; option #3 PRODUCT SUPPORT). We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue as prompt as possible.

Thank You;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  FlyByNgt Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:57 pm

daign wrote:iam having this problem with a brand new tx616. Power reset fixes the problem but there is no possible way to get video out to the tv.

Hi Daign,

I have found this has worked for myself and others on these forums I have suggested with success. If you have issues with your receiver and you have tried everything. TRY THIS. It is important to stress to unplug from power for AT LEAST 5 MINUTES.. NO LESS!

Unplug the unit from the power supply for at least 5 minutes. This is considered a "soft boot"; you will NOT lose any of your settings. After you have it unplugged for the 5 minutes. Plug the unit back in and give it a minute or so, and then turn the receiver on and hopefully this will help.

I have the TX-NR717, had a few issues that for the life of me could not figure out.

I Found and did this. My TX-NR717 has been working like a champ ever since. It has been over a month now with NO ISSUES!!

That GREAT ONKYO SOUND IS AMAZING!!

I will always do this when all else fails and after a major update, etc. It makes sense if you think about it. PC's, Cells, Tablets all reboot after an updates, etc.

Hope this helps you out.

Please pass the tip along.

Ciao, FlyByNgt 12-14-12

See you all on the New Onkyo USA Support Forums at: Onkyo USA Support Forums
FlyByNgt
FlyByNgt

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:41 pm

PLEASE NOTE: THIS FORUM SITE WILL BE DEACTIVATED AND WILL PREVENT YOU FROM POSTING MESSAGES. WE ADVISE YOU TO REGISTER ONTO OUR NEW FORUM SITE: http://forums.onkyousa.com/ WITH YOUR EMAIL, MODEL AND SERIAL NUMBER OF YOUR RECEIVER. AS WE WILL NO LONGER REVIEW THIS FORUM EFFECTIVE TODAY.

Cordially;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20