Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture)

+138
plouie10
DHTech
Deuce2119
Spinplasm
mid_gen
Feuerwehr
prymevil
DADEO
gsalciccioli
Paladin2187
adamcall
311stylie
kjbuk
zinferlo
jackr000
rwanat1224
larryf67
Widmark
kaplansa
kalliasx
av-dude
sidigs
Anthony Bonello
huckster2
thedogstarman
mog_pj
ndskurfer
ZeroFusion
legeferenda
Xrypton
thedr
elchucho
LarryRac
skeeter
FlyByNgt
tulak
Mark515
alexade
ijthay
GilmanW
Kram
Greyfax1
Briwis
robyholmes
alskop
tvandemeeberg
david_l312
cheth
CVuPlay
sika stag
The_Chemist
Jarsky
Dubguy
Pdub247
ashley68
Jes The Cat
markwyse24
MARK616
riconek
bjornr
Poechi
sterrenberg
Lawplace
DournP
arlibama
enigmakrishna
parosser
rataplan
city1
jollyred
Hans143
thecaptain
Bitsmart Corp
mgause
ChrisNow
hjmm2002
gotagreatdog
dazkgoodwin
chatman
MusicLover
den327nj
bhinesley
JohnDollin
namwol55
teryglenn1
ejronin
Cloneman315
aballen
Seb007
jbhieber
JayeizH
steverobertsbbc
kimbray
funchameleon
megabyzus
Stereo Steve
pla
timbock2
xeryax
smashpwnage
likeahoss
Jonginear
jaypugh
toto
ernestshackleton
nexusseven
Jeron
mwhorseman
Jagdad
tedgocal
Sanxion72
rvath
Guindalf
dsteele1
txuser
911jason
cpmmk1
MusicHK
Otter0911
fchamorro
Spocktwin
miami580
dibe
mastergravis
KI2000
jksmccoy
Dadorama
chrisg
coryip
meyerman
jensen
zingmaster
jerryw
roger4680
Didsbury Nick
rlh
OnkyoUSA
etw
142 posters

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture) - Page 18 Empty Re: TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture)

Post  jackr000 Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:28 pm

There is a problem with the hdmi ports.A lot of units have problems if you check the internet.

jackr000

Back to top Go down

TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture) - Page 18 Empty Re: TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture)

Post  MusicLover Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:33 am

My point was there is a large difference between users on a forum posting something vs. an official corporate owned business being sloppy with something like an important URL.

Yes, I am a geek and saw the extra period; what about those who do not know that?

it's not about my or your intelligence on a URL error, but those that come here for help and perhaps are not computer people.

My point remains: this is yet another example of sloppy, no double checking important things from Onkyo - the company that still cannot release working firmware 6-9 months after taking my money.

bjornr wrote:
MusicLover wrote:amazing, the link you posted there is a dead link......... can't anything be done correctly and with double checking accuracy?
...or you can use the squishy thing between your ears and remove the last dot in the link. I was about to PM the mod about it yesterday but thought, "naah, people can't really be that stupid they can't figure it out".

Turns out I was wrong.

MusicLover

Back to top Go down

Post  MusicLover Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:36 am

Other forums wonder if the HDMI "protection" of DHCP is so strong that it protects hollywood content at our expense.

jackr000 wrote: There is a problem with the hdmi ports.A lot of units have problems if you check the internet.

MusicLover

Back to top Go down

Post  Lawplace Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:58 pm

I had some problems still after update, (the no picture from main out), then i bought a new TV (Sony Bravia something) and i have not had a problem since, my nr-515 was useless before the update, a little better after the update, and completely fixed with my new tv.

Handshake...?

I love the receiver when it works, but i wont take my chances with an Onkyo next time

Lawplace

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:57 pm

MusicLover wrote:My point was there is a large difference between users on a forum posting something vs. an official corporate owned business being sloppy with something like an important URL.

Yes, I am a geek and saw the extra period; what about those who do not know that?

it's not about my or your intelligence on a URL error, but those that come here for help and perhaps are not computer people.

My point remains: this is yet another example of sloppy, no double checking important things from Onkyo - the company that still cannot release working firmware 6-9 months after taking my money.

bjornr wrote:
MusicLover wrote:amazing, the link you posted there is a dead link......... can't anything be done correctly and with double checking accuracy?
...or you can use the squishy thing between your ears and remove the last dot in the link. I was about to PM the mod about it yesterday but thought, "naah, people can't really be that stupid they can't figure it out".

Turns out I was wrong.

Hello MusicLover;

Are you referring to the new firmware update that, as instructed, is only available via USB and NOT ethernet download? There is also a YouTube tutorial available on the webpage for the firmware updates as well.

Cordially;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  zinferlo Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:48 am

Hello everyone, I'm Lorenzo from Italy.
I have the NR515, which is new. I have the problem of the "HDMI out MAIN" doesn't work after some time in standby mode.
I've loaded also the new firmware ...0400, but it continues not working in HDMI through mode but also with the Amplifier on.
I downloaded firmware on EU website and installed the 3 files on the root (not the others in the subfolder). Firmware update goes ok! ... but it seems not solved.

zinferlo

Back to top Go down

TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture) - Page 18 Empty Just Looks Too Risky

Post  Widmark Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:40 pm

I had posted earlier wondering how many folks who were not happy with their 515 or 616 before the 400 update, applied it, and now think they would be a buyer of it today. I have a 600 that has no hdmi switching but great sound and I am looking to replace with a receiver with hdmi switching and support for higher bandwidth/HD audio from blueray etc. I suspect many past Onkyo folks like me who were happy with a older unit, are in the same boat and probably troll these threads without posting.

It doesn't sound like the 400 update is consistently fixing the issues, particularly the HDMI related ones. But I know people generally come to these forums with issues not happiness.

What say you?

P.S. - I'm not sure if Onkyo the 515/616 is a firmware-fixable product, but I give the Onkyo moderators/firmware programming folks on this forum a lot of credit for closely monitoring and responding to posters.

Widmark

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:55 pm

zinferlo wrote:Hello everyone, I'm Lorenzo from Italy.
I have the NR515, which is new. I have the problem of the "HDMI out MAIN" doesn't work after some time in standby mode.
I've loaded also the new firmware ...0400, but it continues not working in HDMI through mode but also with the Amplifier on.
I downloaded firmware on EU website and installed the 3 files on the root (not the others in the subfolder). Firmware update goes ok! ... but it seems not solved.

Thank you again for those who have recently provided the information requested regarding the setup of your TX-NR 515 and TX-NR 616 receivers. I have noticed many forum users are outside the continental US- and we here would like to further assist you with your issue. Please provide the following information to the following email address and address to the attention of the " FORUM MODERATOR: TX-NR x1x FORUM ISSUE" :

- FULL NAME:
- FORUM USER NAME/ HANDLE:
- MAILING ADDRESS:
- CITY/ STATE/ PROVINCE:
- EMAIL ADDRESS:
- CONTACT NUMBER(s):
- ONKYO MODEL NUMBER:
- CURRENT F/W version:

We would like to resolve your issues but need your prompt assistance with this matter; and also forward your information to the appropriate regional Onkyo Product Support department for further asistance. Thank you again for your time, patience, and cooperation in assisting our research and helping us to eradicate this issue.

Best Regards;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  zinferlo Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:31 pm

Just one thing... I've downloaded firmware update yesterday (I've seen that the files are the same in Europe and America).
Today I check the firmware on TX-NR515 and I read 1100-6104-0300.
Why?!
I've loaded the downloaded file! Why don't I read 1141-0108-0400?
I downloaded it again now, but NR515 says that firmware is updated.
What's wrong??

zinferlo

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:38 pm

zinferlo wrote:Just one thing... I've downloaded firmware update yesterday (I've seen that the files are the same in Europe and America).
Today I check the firmware on TX-NR515 and I read 1100-6104-0300.
Why?!
I've loaded the downloaded file! Why don't I read 1141-0108-0400?
I downloaded it again now, but NR515 says that firmware is updated.
What's wrong??

I have forwarded your posting to the appropriate Onkyo Product Support representative to further assist you in your region. Also, you will need to do the firmware update again to confirm the latest F/W version has been installed onto the receiver. You will need to do a FORCED UPDATE onto the receiver by pressing and holding down the USB and ON/STANDBY buttons on the front panel of the receiver until you see the message [ENTER] UPDATE.. Then continue with the firmware update until it is completed and then confirm the latest firmware version is 1141-0800-0400.

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  zinferlo Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:52 pm

On the zipped file there's also a subdirectory.
The update is the 3 files in the root, right?
I've tried again forcing update with USB+ON Standby buttons.
In this way:
- system on
- USB storage on front panel
- press USB+ON standby.
- [ENTER] Update... i press enter
- DL error. Error 0-14
I've tried on front and rear USB plugs but I have same problem.
I've also formatted and copied again files on the pendrive... on 2 different pen drives.

Thanks a lot for your precious help...

Last edited by zinferlo on Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

zinferlo

Back to top Go down

Post  kjbuk Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:37 pm

I too am puzzled by the number of files in the download - some dated June and some dated September. Which ones do we use? My main problem though is that, since the last update 1130-9106-0300 , I get no update option on the Firmware Update page. It only shows the latest version with no menu option to update either by USB or the net. I've been told to do a factory reset but to do a firmware update first; which is the whole problem - I can't!. If I do the reset will it bring back the missing menu items on the firmware update page?

Keith

kjbuk

Back to top Go down

TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture) - Page 18 Empty TX-NR616 NO VIDEO OUTPUT. RECALL OR REFUND DEMANDED IF YOU CAN NOT FIX. TOO MANY USERS WITH SAME PROBLEM

Post  311stylie Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:11 pm

OK people.... I see hundreds of consumers with the same problem on the 515 and 616 line. If you need to know my system configuration I will give it to you but you should know before asking that EVERYTHING WORKED FINE until I turned off the power on my outlets to change a switch out. Yes the system was off (or in standby). AFTER THAT my system WILL NOT SHOW VIDEO WITHOUT UNPLUGGING AND PLUGGING BACK IN. What is the deal ONKYO?????

IS THIS GROUNDS FOR A RECALL??? I HAVE THE LATEST UPDATE AS OF THIS WEEKEND (10/26/2012) AND NO CHANGE. SAME PROBLEM. UNPLUG AND PLUG BACK IN AFTER POWER UP TO GET FREAKING VIDEO.

For spending $700 I DEMAND A SOLUTION OR A REFUND.

OBVIOUSLY THE LATEST FIRMWARE IS NOT A FIX

311stylie

Back to top Go down

TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture) - Page 18 Empty Fix my product, provide a equal or better product as a replacement that works or give me a refund.

Post  adamcall Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:25 pm

I applied the 10/10/12 update the day it came out. It fixed my issue with HDMI not turning back on after standby for a few days but then it came back as prominent as before.

Here are the answers to the questions I know you have to ask but seem to have little to no relevance based on previous posters.

Like I said, try to stop alienating your customer base and ... Fix my product, provide a equal or better product as a replacement or give me a refund.

Make/model of source device(s): CISCO DVR from Time Warner Cable

• Does this happen with all sources? If not, which one(s)?
Only one source. CBL/SAT from a CISCO DVR from Time Warner Cable

• Make/model and length of HDMI cables/extenders/etc :
Unknown. Have tried different cables.

• When does this happen (always at initial power on, when switching sources, while watching a particular source, combination)?
When powering on after standby.

• Make/model of TV/ Projector:
LG LM7600

• Approximately how often does this happen (1 out of 10 times, etc)?
2 out of 3 times if unit has been in standby for more than a few minutes.

• How many times has this happened?

• How long has the unit been installed?
45 days

• What is the exact firmware version (check by going to FW update via the "Home" button on the remote)?
1141-0108-0400

• What is the HDMI Monitor Out setting (Auto, THRU, etc)?
AUTO

• Are you using HDMI OUT MAIN or SUB?
HDMI Out Main

• What is the Picture Mode (Custom, Cinema, Through, Direct, etc)?
Varying

• Is HDMI Control (RIHD) On or Off (look in Hardware Setup-> HDMI)?
Off

• Is HDMI THRU On or Off (look in Hardware Setup-> HDMI)?
Off

• Is Net Standby On or Off ((look in Hardware Setup-> Network)?
Off

• What is the Incoming and Outgoing video resolution (press the Display Button on the front panel until it shows both… should be something like "1080p/60 -> 1080p/60")
1080i/60 -> 1080p/60

adamcall

Back to top Go down

Post  zinferlo Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:28 am

Pay attention to the installation of the new firmware of October.
On the USB storage you need to copy not only the 3 files in the root, but also the subdirectory with other 4 files!
All the extracted data must be tranferred on the pendrive, exactly in the way you find them after unzipping the archive.
This is not explained on the official update procedure by Onkyo! They only wrote to copy the 3 files in the root... Surprised

zinferlo

Back to top Go down

Post  Paladin2187 Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:23 pm

This really is comical. When a product has this many issues, and they are not fixed in a timely manner, it is time for consumers to take more serious steps like a class action lawsuit. Even the 'fixes' have quality control issues like the one mentioned in the post before mine (if the documentation is incomplete or wrong on how to apply a critical and potentially damaging firmware update, that is a really, really big problem).

I'm sure there is some law firm out there just itching to take on a few thousand representatives and bring Onkyo to the table to make good on this problem.

Usually I am against the idea of class action lawsuits because it generally just ends up with money in the lawyers pocket and consumers get a few paltry dollars to offset their 'damages' but in this kind of case where an obvious and serious problem is repeatedly left unfixed over and over and it represents a serious failure of a primary feature of the device, it is pretty much a textbook example of how to apply consumer protection laws.

I consider myself, on the one hand, lucky that I have done the research on these devices before purchasing, and on the other, frustrated that on paper the 616 seems like the perfect receiver for my needs but it is obviously not a reliable design, or at least it is not being produced in a reliable manner.

Think about it Onkyo. Look at examples like Microsoft, Apple, and Nvidia. When they have an obviously defective device or product, they acknowledge their failing, apologize and do whatever they can to help their customers as quickly as possible. If you have to take a short term loss to keep your customers' good will and loyalty, then that is what you do.

Home theater and audio enthusiasts are notoriously clingy and fan-boyish for their preferred brands and issues like this, that go unresolved for a long time when a fix should be really easy, are the kind of thing that can end a long relationship with a consumer. These kinds of problems destroy a customer's faith in the manufacturer and make it more or less impossible to recommend the brand on the internet or to friends and family, let alone make repeat purchases.

No matter where I look these days I see the same story, "Onkyo has great sound and features on their audio receivers, but they have become unreliable and are too risky to purchase."

As a previous fan, that is really sad.

HDMI is not a new technology, in reality is is almost already 'outdated' given the growth of DisplayPort and other newer interconnects. This should be a simple problem yet your responses here indicate that you do not take it seriously (repeating the same canned phrases over and over and never releasing specific information to help customers feel that they are taken seriously and are part of the process of fixing these issues).

If you can't fix this it can only indicate some mix of the following:

1. Your engineers are incompetent
2. You have decided to give these kind of 'post sale' issues a low priority in favor of selling new models that will have a real fix
3. You are hoping the issues will 'go away' and people will live with it or your brand can survive on marketing alone until the next product generation can replace the models that are affected.

None of those are acceptable.

Paladin2187

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:19 pm

Paladin2187 wrote:This really is comical. When a product has this many issues, and they are not fixed in a timely manner, it is time for consumers to take more serious steps like a class action lawsuit. Even the 'fixes' have quality control issues like the one mentioned in the post before mine (if the documentation is incomplete or wrong on how to apply a critical and potentially damaging firmware update, that is a really, really big problem).

I'm sure there is some law firm out there just itching to take on a few thousand representatives and bring Onkyo to the table to make good on this problem.

Usually I am against the idea of class action lawsuits because it generally just ends up with money in the lawyers pocket and consumers get a few paltry dollars to offset their 'damages' but in this kind of case where an obvious and serious problem is repeatedly left unfixed over and over and it represents a serious failure of a primary feature of the device, it is pretty much a textbook example of how to apply consumer protection laws.

I consider myself, on the one hand, lucky that I have done the research on these devices before purchasing, and on the other, frustrated that on paper the 616 seems like the perfect receiver for my needs but it is obviously not a reliable design, or at least it is not being produced in a reliable manner.

Think about it Onkyo. Look at examples like Microsoft, Apple, and Nvidia. When they have an obviously defective device or product, they acknowledge their failing, apologize and do whatever they can to help their customers as quickly as possible. If you have to take a short term loss to keep your customers' good will and loyalty, then that is what you do.

Home theater and audio enthusiasts are notoriously clingy and fan-boyish for their preferred brands and issues like this, that go unresolved for a long time when a fix should be really easy, are the kind of thing that can end a long relationship with a consumer. These kinds of problems destroy a customer's faith in the manufacturer and make it more or less impossible to recommend the brand on the internet or to friends and family, let alone make repeat purchases.

No matter where I look these days I see the same story, "Onkyo has great sound and features on their audio receivers, but they have become unreliable and are too risky to purchase."

As a previous fan, that is really sad.

HDMI is not a new technology, in reality is is almost already 'outdated' given the growth of DisplayPort and other newer interconnects. This should be a simple problem yet your responses here indicate that you do not take it seriously (repeating the same canned phrases over and over and never releasing specific information to help customers feel that they are taken seriously and are part of the process of fixing these issues).

If you can't fix this it can only indicate some mix of the following:

1. Your engineers are incompetent
2. You have decided to give these kind of 'post sale' issues a low priority in favor of selling new models that will have a real fix
3. You are hoping the issues will 'go away' and people will live with it or your brand can survive on marketing alone until the next product generation can replace the models that are affected.

None of those are acceptable.

Hello Paladin2187;

What is the serial number of your receiver? As the latest firmware has improved the HDMI Video Issue. If you are noticing any issue with your receiver; please contact the Product Support department for further assistance (24 hours a day 800-229-1687). We would like more information on any issue you are experiencing.

Cordially;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Paladin2187 Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:05 am

Another great example of Onkyo's oh so attentive customer service at work. Rolling Eyes

I clearly stated that I do not currently own an Onkyo receiver and count myself lucky for having done the research before buying one and finding the many reports of problems. I also said I am frustrated and feel that I can't make a purchase right now because of the many issues reported and the ongoing delays and ineffective fixes for the 2012 models.

Asking me to then provide my serial number is just pouring salt in the wound.

Has anyone experiencing these ongoing issues with the 5/6/717 models reported this strung out battle to websites like Consumerist.com? Public shaming like that can often be the only way to bring more resources to play on a problem like this, especially with a company that seems reluctant to take them seriously.

Of course, the more customers with problems that report the issues to websites like Consumerist, the more likely they will do a story about it.

Paladin2187

Back to top Go down

TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture) - Page 18 Empty HDMI Video Out Issue - Unable to install firmware update

Post  gsalciccioli Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:08 am

I see that many have the same issue with losing their video (not audio) signal to their monitor. I also see that there is a new f/w update (USB only). I have downloaded it and followed the instructions but the receiver does not recognize that the update is on the USB drive. I have forced the USB f/w update by holding the USB/Standby buttons simultaneously. The process starts and comes back with a D/L error. I spoke with Product support and they do not know why it will not work. They had me reset to factory which did not help but, of course, lost all of my settings. I am at a loss. I would like to get a replacement for this product but it seems it is a symptom of many models. Where do I go from here?

gsalciccioli

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:41 am

gsalciccioli wrote:I see that many have the same issue with losing their video (not audio) signal to their monitor. I also see that there is a new f/w update (USB only). I have downloaded it and followed the instructions but the receiver does not recognize that the update is on the USB drive. I have forced the USB f/w update by holding the USB/Standby buttons simultaneously. The process starts and comes back with a D/L error. I spoke with Product support and they do not know why it will not work. They had me reset to factory which did not help but, of course, lost all of my settings. I am at a loss. I would like to get a replacement for this product but it seems it is a symptom of many models. Where do I go from here?

Please reply back to the following email address (onkyoadmin@us.onkyo.com) to the attention of the FORUM MODERATOR with the required information; as I will forward this issue to a Product Support Representative and Supervisor; who will contact you when you are near the unit and can further assist you with setup of your unit. Please indicate an appropriate time so our associate can contact you. If they are not able to guide you thru the firmware update issue; they will offer the next course of action to help resolve this issue.

Cordially;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Paladin2187 Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:31 pm

OnkyoUSA wrote:
gsalciccioli wrote:I see that many have the same issue with losing their video (not audio) signal to their monitor. I also see that there is a new f/w update (USB only). I have downloaded it and followed the instructions but the receiver does not recognize that the update is on the USB drive. I have forced the USB f/w update by holding the USB/Standby buttons simultaneously. The process starts and comes back with a D/L error. I spoke with Product support and they do not know why it will not work. They had me reset to factory which did not help but, of course, lost all of my settings. I am at a loss. I would like to get a replacement for this product but it seems it is a symptom of many models. Where do I go from here?

Please reply back to the following email address (onkyoadmin@us.onkyo.com) to the attention of the FORUM MODERATOR with the required information; as I will forward this issue to a Product Support Representative and Supervisor; who will contact you when you are near the unit and can further assist you with setup of your unit. Please indicate an appropriate time so our associate can contact you. If they are not able to guide you thru the firmware update issue; they will offer the next course of action to help resolve this issue.

Cordially;

Forum Moderator

OK, seriously? Are you even reading what I am writing?

I have said twice now that I do not currently own an Onkyo receiver. I want to purchase one but cannot do so until I know for sure that the ongoing issues that many others are having (and which seem to be a common recurring issue with the 2012 models) have been fixed permanently or that Onkyo has a definite plan in place to provide known working replacement devices or a new model upgrade at no cost.

Paladin2187

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:04 pm

Paladin2187 wrote:
OnkyoUSA wrote:

Cordially;

Forum Moderator

OK, seriously? Are you even reading what I am writing?

I have said twice now that I do not currently own an Onkyo receiver. I want to purchase one but cannot do so until I know for sure that the ongoing issues that many other are having (and which seem to be a common recurring issue with the 2012 models) have been fixed permanently or that Onkyo has a definite plan in place to provide known working replacement devices or a new model upgrade at no cost.

Hello Paladin2187;

That message quoted for was another forum user; as I was responding to that specific customer's issue. I have already reviewed your posting and was inquiring if you have a receiver with an issue to contact our Support department. This forum is for service and product support of Onkyo customers and their units. As the latest firmware update has improved the HDMI VIDEO ISSUE; based on the feedback received by forum users. If you wish to comment on Onkyo products or have any concerns about our units and would wish to converse with a knowledgeable Product Support representative via email (askOnkyo@us.onkyo.com) for further assistance and resolution. As always; if you having any issues with the receiver- please contact our 24 hour Product Support department for assistance at (800) 229-1687, option #3 for PRODUCT SUPPORT.

Thank You;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DADEO Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:47 pm

Paladin2187, Move over, I'm in the same boat your in. I want to buy a 616 right now, but I'm afraid to. It sounds like a great piece of equipment but all these problems are unexcusable. We potential customers need to see these firmware updates are working. Let's see some postings from SATISFIED customers so us potential customers can give Onkyo our money.

DADEO

Back to top Go down

Post  kjbuk Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:23 pm

Thanks only to the helpful postings on this thread I have now successfully achieved the update by the forced USB method and using the files in the format of sub-folder and three individual files. Apparently Onkyo are not keen to make this forced method public due to possible risk of damage to the unit. My problem was, like other posters, that I had no other option but to use this method as there were no menu options on the FirmWare Update page to do anything else.

Anyway, it's been fine now for a couple of days. I haven't had to do a factory reset (thank goodness) and I've tried various ways of making the through-video fail by changing inputs before switching off, etc. but it's remained steady. I'm even able to view my satellite video screen on the tv whilst listening in another mode which I couldn't do before.

Fingers crossed it doesn't let me down again Surprised

kjbuk

Back to top Go down

TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture) - Page 18 Empty firmware update ineffective

Post  prymevil Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:41 pm

I have installed the most current firmware updates. This unit still loses HDMI signal constantly. PLEASE ADVISE.

Samsung 3Dbluray player, frequent signal issues, picture and sound loss.

Last edited by prymevil on Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:06 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : updated issues)

prymevil

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next