Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Onkyo Remote Android no dsp buttons?

2 posters

Go down

Onkyo Remote Android no dsp buttons? Empty Onkyo Remote Android no dsp buttons?

Post  bbells Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:32 pm

I loaded the Onkyo Remote App for Android on my Droid2 for my TX-8050 receiver. The receiver is wired to my wireless router. The interface looks nothing like the demo. I have no dsp buttons. You know the buttons in the middle that say movie, music, game, thx, etc. In fact, the only adjustment I can change or even see is volume and source. I reloaded the app a couple times. Anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong? I loaded the onkytroller app and I can control tone, volume, basically everything. Thanks for any help.

bbells

Back to top Go down

Onkyo Remote Android no dsp buttons? Empty Re: Onkyo Remote Android no dsp buttons?

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:02 pm

Hi bbells,

This is only a stereo receiver and it has no modes other then stereo, direct, pure audio and mono.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Onkyo Remote Android no dsp buttons? Empty Re: Onkyo Remote Android no dsp buttons?

Post  bbells Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:18 pm

So, with the TX-8050 I shouldn't be able to control tone with the Onkyo Remote for android, even though I can with the onkytroller for android?

bbells

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:40 pm

Hi bbells,

No, due to it being just a stereo receiver. We are not affiliated with the makers of the Onkytroller app.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  bbells Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:22 am

IMHO, Onkyo should change the description for the Onkyo Remote App. It clearly states that the TX-8050 has the following functions with the app. Obviously, several are not valid:
Functions:
• Wirelessly streams music stored on an Android device
• Operates general remote-control functions (e.g. play, stop, power on/off)
• Controls multi-zone audio
• Selects input source, network source, and radio station
• Adjusts tone control, listening modes, and speaker volume
• Displays content information
• Compatible with Spotify (US and EU market only)• Compatible with Onkyo’s existing RI (Remote Interactive) system**For details on RI-compatible systems, please refer to the Onkyo website.• This application program does not support tablet devices.
• This application program does not support smartphones in QVGA or HVGA resolution.

Compatible Onkyo Models:
• All network A/V receivers released in 2010/11/12, TX-8050 Network Stereo Receiver, and T-4070 Network Stereo Tuner*

bbells

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:21 pm

Hi bbells,

I will raise your issue with the proper department. Thank you for your suggestion.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down