Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX SR309 - Display goes to ----- with USB

2 posters

Go down

TX SR309 - Display goes to ----- with USB Empty TX SR309 - Display goes to ----- with USB

Post  DownUnderDave Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:22 am

Hi,

I have a TX SR-309 and and am loving it, particularly the ability to use a simple USB memory stick and play .mp3 files directly from that through the receiver. Whoever thought of doing this and making it so easy deserves a medal!

I have determined that some USB sticks simply do not work (eg SanDisk Cruzer 4Gb) but my generic Emtec 4Gb sticks work just fine.

The receiver display and on-screen display pick up the ID3 tags nicely which makes me even happier!

However, I have noticed that when I leave the receiver to just keep playing through the folders on the USB, eventually the display on the receiver stops reporting the ID3 tag information and presents simply an array like this: ----

The music continues to play, but the remote control no longer accepts any commands except Power Off. When the receiver is powered back on again, the display shows the ID3 tags correctly and the remote control responds correctly.

I have tried using the button labelled [Receiver] on the remote control to see if this re-enables control, but it has not effect.

My example USB stick that I am using at present contains 28 folders hanging off the root of the USB stick. None of these folders contain any sub-folders. None of the folders contain more than about 20 tracks. I have the same problem with an identical USB stick which has 4 folders hanging off the root with each folder containing 100 tracks each and no sub-folders.

The USB stick was formatted under Windows XP Pro SP3 using FAT32 and the [default allocation size] offered.

I would be keen to find out how I can stop the remote control from responding as well as overcome the problem with the display.

Many thanks,

DownUnderDave

DownUnderDave

Back to top Go down

TX SR309 - Display goes to ----- with USB Empty Re: TX SR309 - Display goes to ----- with USB

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:31 pm

Hi Dave,

I am looking into this as we speak and hope to have an answer for you soon.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

TX SR309 - Display goes to ----- with USB Empty Re: TX SR309 - Display goes to ----- with USB

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:34 pm

Hi Dave,

Thank you for your patience in this but we would need a little more information from you in order to assist you further. The following is the questions we need.

*Which USB (Model number) do you have? Specifically the one that it hangs up on.
*How long does it play via the USB till the issue arises?
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DownUnderDave Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:35 pm

Hi there,

Thank you for your swift response.

I am doing some tests at present to see if I can pin-point the time/event which causes the display to go to --- and the remote to become un-responsive to the USB.

I will be back within 24-hours.

Cheers,

Dave.

DownUnderDave

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:07 pm

Hi Dave,

Thank you. But we would still need the model number of the USB that is hanging up on you as this is what our engineering department wants to know.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DownUnderDave Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:28 am

Hi,

The USB sticks that I use in the receiver are marketed as EMTEC (The only model number that I can see is above the bar-code on the packaging which is: EKMMD4GC400) and they are flagged as USB2.0.

I am using EMTEC 4Gb sticks. They have a North American website of: http://www.emtecelectronics.com/

The problem of the display and the remote control only seems to occur when I set the receiver to SHUFFLE mode.

As mentioned before, on one of the EMTEC sticks I have four directories hanging off the root and each directory contains about 100 .mp3 tracks (standard music track length (3-6mins), no other file-types and no sub-folders). As an example, tonight I set the receiver playing one of these folders at 18:15 and by 22:15, even though the receiver continued to play, the display had gone to ---- and the remote control would not control the USB. I could use the remote to switch over to FM Radio and it was happy to behave normally in FM mode, but when I switched back to USB, the remote could not seem to control the USB playing mode. The only solution is to power off the receiver.

If you are totally stuck, I could post you one of my USB sticks for your engineers to play with.

I hope that this information helps and I look forward to your reply.

Cheers,

Dave.

DownUnderDave

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:05 pm

Hi DownUnderDave,

I have forwarded this information to our engineers. As soon as I hear something I will post the answer. Thank you for your patience.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:28 pm

Hi DownUnderDave,

I will have one of my colleagues contact you. Please PM me with your contact number and the best time to call concerning your issue. Thank you.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DownUnderDave Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:54 pm

Hi there,

I have not heard from anyone about this issue since last week and I did PM you with my contact details.

Would you kindly confirm that you received my PM correctly ?

Many thanks,

Dave.

DownUnderDave

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:13 pm

Hi DownUnderDave,

We have received your PM and have determined that one of our support personal in New Zealand should be able to handle this for you as we only support the US at this time. Thank you for choosing Onkyo.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down