Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tx-nr709 operating temperature specification

3 posters

Go down

tx-nr709 operating temperature specification Empty tx-nr709 operating temperature specification

Post  lentru9967 Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:33 pm

would like to know what the spec is for this receiver for ambient temperature.

lentru9967

Back to top Go down

tx-nr709 operating temperature specification Empty Re: tx-nr709 operating temperature specification

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:17 pm

Hi lentru9967,

The ambient operating temperature depends on several factors such as how high the volume is and what the impedance of the speakers are and if it is well ventilated but the normal operating temperature is between 80 and 90 above the room temperature.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

tx-nr709 operating temperature specification Empty Re: tx-nr709 operating temperature specification

Post  lentru9967 Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:16 pm

room temp being 70 degrees F. This unit can operate 80 - 90 degrees F above that? What if room temp is 100 degrees F? You still stand by your reply? My question was to determine the range of room temps this unit is designed to operate in. The low and high end. So I ask again, what is the specification for this receiver that it was designed to operate in, low temp and high temp range in degrees F?

lentru9967

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:18 pm

Hi lentru9967,

Unfortunately that is the only information I have at this time. As I've said previously it depends on various factors.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  lentru9967 Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:26 pm

Listen, when engineers design units, and the manufacturer warrants said units, there must be criteria that best describes what the components can withstand before meltdown. Or better said some conservative number/temperature that the unit and its associated components are designed for. Why can't Onkyo post this information to the end user? One would think that the manufacturer would want the end user to know this info if only to satisfy a warranty claim! Pretty sad state of affairs if this info cannot be posted.

lentru9967

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:09 pm

Hi lentru9967,

I have one of my engineers researching this for you. We should have an answer for you sometime next week as the forum is closing. Thank you for your patience.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

tx-nr709 operating temperature specification Empty Operating Environment Temperature

Post  w6fxj Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:20 pm

Lentru

While the Onyko manual does not specify the operating temperature range, you can be sure it will operate just fine in any temperature you can stand. Just make sure you do not close up the receiver in cabinet that has no ventilation, nor should you cover the top of the receiver case. It is normal for the receiver to generate some heat while operating. Especially over the finned heat sinks in the center of the TX-NR709. In a 75 degree room the top cover of my TX-NR809 runs about 100 degrees F. So the temperature rise is about 25 degrees F. Since the heat generating stages use silicon components, the operating temperatures can be much higher before any damage occurs.

Bill

w6fxj

http://jplarc.ampr.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:15 pm

Hi lentru9967,

While on our older model receivers this specification is posted, the new receivers do not have any such specifications unfortunately. Here are the specs for the older receivers 41 Degrees F. to 95 Degrees F.
Apologies if this does not directly answer your inquiry.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down