Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-SR608 will it upconvert from component in to HDMI out and should I keep the video processing off?

2 posters

Go down

TX-SR608 will it upconvert from component in to HDMI out and should I keep the video processing off? Empty TX-SR608 will it upconvert from component in to HDMI out and should I keep the video processing off?

Post  red71rum Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:30 pm

I have had the 608 for a since 2010 and my xbox 360's component cable has always gone directly to the tv(tos link cable to receiver). Anyway, I have read on several sites that it is possible to connect the component cable to the receiver, and have it upconvert so that my lone HDMI(video out) cable going from the receiver will display the component content upconverted. I looked at the pdf of the manual at work(page 21) and it is not very clear. So would this work?

I have one more question that has been bothering me for some time. Is the video processing that bad on the sr608? I belong to avsforum and they claim that you should disable the video processing. I did that when I first got the receiver in 2010, but have since wondered if it was a mistake. Has anyone else disabled the video processing?

red71rum

Back to top Go down

TX-SR608 will it upconvert from component in to HDMI out and should I keep the video processing off? Empty Re: TX-SR608 will it upconvert from component in to HDMI out and should I keep the video processing off?

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:41 pm

Hi red71rum,

It is possible to up convert the video from the component "in" out through HDMI. As a test try going into setup then input/out assign ---> HDMI and blank out everything in here after you are done please press the return button and go down to the component input and blank out everything in here "except the input you have your xbox 360 in" then press the setup button again to back all the way out of the setup menu and test it. Remember to reassign any inputs you blanked out.

Legend:

----- = Blank
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

TX-SR608 will it upconvert from component in to HDMI out and should I keep the video processing off? Empty Re: TX-SR608 will it upconvert from component in to HDMI out and should I keep the video processing off?

Post  red71rum Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:57 pm

I will try your suggestion tonight, but what about the video processing qusetion I had?

red71rum

Back to top Go down

Post  red71rum Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:07 am

I connected the component cable from the xbox directly to component input one, went into setup, chose component assigned input one to game. I then went into monitor out and set it to auto. I also reenabled the video processing using the VCR trick. I then played BF3 without issue.

red71rum

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down