Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-NR807 = Can we trust the repair?

3 posters

Go down

TX-NR807 = Can we trust the repair? Empty TX-NR807 = Can we trust the repair?

Post  ahoken Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:14 am

I am sending my NR807 to the service center. I'm a little worried about the repair. Many people seem to say on this forum that repairing the HDMI card is not reliable or good. I'd like to know the real things. If I send my receiver to repair do I make my concern about the device will have the same problem in a few years. Is this really a new card or rethink the same old kind of card that my device already. My device is already in warranty extention can you put under guarante a future failure??

thank you very much

Last edited by ahoken on Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

ahoken

Back to top Go down

TX-NR807 = Can we trust the repair? Empty Re: TX-NR807 = Can we trust the repair?

Post  jpecca Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:47 am

I have had the HDMI board replaced and still have the same problem. The HDMI handshake fails and I get the dreaded "No Signal". My work around is to disconnect the receiver and go straight to the TV for a few hours then connect the receiver. This seems to give the receiver time to get un-confused. The firmware is the problem. I just want my money back so that I can get a more reliable unit. ONKYO wants me to send it back for repairs again.... Why so they can have it for months and send it back to me with the same problem? I will probably absorb the loss same my money and buy a different brand.

jpecca

Back to top Go down

TX-NR807 = Can we trust the repair? Empty Re: TX-NR807 = Can we trust the repair?

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:04 pm

I would advise you to please contact our Parts & Services Dept at the number listed below during normal business hours Monday-Friday 9am-5pm EST ; or via email at parts@us.onkyo.com. They can be contacted at 201-785-2600, option # 4 for Parts & Services as they can further assist you- since you have already had this unit repaired by an authorized service center and still exhibiting some issues. You will need to speak with the Parts & Services department to inquire about either having your receiver serviced since you are not under warranty. Please include the serial number of your unit and copy of sales receipt as well in your response. You will also need to submit a copy of your sales receipt via fax (201) 934-7823 or email: parts@us.onkyo.com. Please allow 3-5 business days for further processing of your service ticket and to contact the service center and await a response via phone or email. Please contact the department if you do not receive any information after 5 business days from submitting documentation.

Best Regards;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jpecca Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:45 pm

I had called for a RMA to a regional service which I never received and the e-mail the CSR gave me was not active. Today I have arranged for a return to Amazon with a 15% restocking fee. I gave up, you can have it back. I want to buy a unit I can use. not a unit that works one day and not the next, oh and if you un-plug it and let it rest it might work later. What a crock of $hit.

jpecca

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:51 pm

jpecca wrote:I had called for a RMA to a regional service which I never received and the e-mail the CSR gave me was not active. Today I have arranged for a return to Amazon with a 15% restocking fee. I gave up, you can have it back. I want to buy a unit I can use. not a unit that works one day and not the next, oh and if you un-plug it and let it rest it might work later. What a crock of $hit.

Can you please provide the information you have and I will escalate this to upper management promptly (email: onkyoadmin@us.onkyo.com)?

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jpecca Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:19 pm

Ok I just sent you an e-mail detailing the issues, I will await your response before I send my unit back to Amazon. If I return this unit I sand to lose $100 plus shipping and packing materials. That does not make me a happy customer.

jpecca

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:55 pm

jpecca wrote:Ok I just sent you an e-mail detailing the issues, I will await your response before I send my unit back to Amazon. If I return this unit I sand to lose $100 plus shipping and packing materials. That does not make me a happy customer.

Just following up with your mssg jpecca; as the Parts & Services representation explained that the email sent was mistakenly typed in error and was able to search for it in the TRASH folder. He stated he will be sending some correspondence to you and wanted to follow up.

Cordially;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

TX-NR807 = Can we trust the repair? Empty Problem

Post  ahoken Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:35 pm

I am sending my NR807 to the service center. I'm a little worried about the repair. Many people seem to say on this forum that repairing the HDMI card is not reliable or good. I'd like to know the real things. If I send my receiver to repair do I make my concern about the device will have the same problem in a few years. Is this really a new card or rethink the same old kind of card that my device already. My device is already in warranty extention can you put under guarante a future failure??

Lookinf forward for a responce from our dear friend from onkyo too !

ahoken

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:03 pm

You will be receiving a newly designed HDMI board to alleviate the issues you are currently experiencing with the receiver. If you are still experiencing the same issue , Please contact our Parts & Services Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation (Monday- Sunday 24 hours a day: (201) 785-2600; option #4 PARTS & SERVICES). The representatives would greatly assist you with any and all questions you have regarding this issue.

Thank You;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down