Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tx-nr616 Zone 2 same source issue

2 posters

Go down

tx-nr616 Zone 2 same source issue Empty tx-nr616 Zone 2 same source issue

Post  rolinger Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:13 pm

Hello all,

For some reason I can't get CBL/SAT source out to my Zone 2. It seems any other source can be sent to Zone 2. I can Play NET on Zone 1 and 2 at the same time or FM on Zone1/2 at same time. I an also do CBL/SAT to Zone 1 and any other source to Zone 2 - but just can't get CBL/SAT to Zone 2 at all. Even if Zone 1 is on NET or FM, CBL/SAT won't work to Zone 2.

Its completely baffling me. At one point I recall being able to have CBL/SAT on both Zone1 & 2 at the same time because I was know i was listening to a sports game out on my Zone 2 patio while the game was on the TV in Zone 1 - but for the life of me can't get it to work again.

The results are the same using the remote or from the receiver.

Pls help

rolinger

Back to top Go down

tx-nr616 Zone 2 same source issue Empty Re: tx-nr616 Zone 2 same source issue

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:02 pm

With all of our products that have a Zone 2 or more feature they use only analog connections (RED &WHITE) so you need to hook up an analog connection from the source into the back of the receiver into the input that you are using. The digital connection will remain in the main room and the analog will be redirected to Zone2 or the other Zone outputs. Also make sure that if you are only doing a 5.1 speaker configuration you have the Surround Back speakers set to at least the same size as your Surround speakers. Zone2 and the Surround back speakers share the same circuitry inside the receiver and when you set Surround Back to None in the setup menu you will not be able to use Zone2 speakers. When configuring the receiver for Zone2 and you use the Zone2 Line Out/Pre-Out DO NOT ACTIVATE ZONE2 in the SETUP MENU. If you use the Zone2 line out on the receiver you will not LOSE any surround output to your surround back speakers in the main room. Please make sure that when you turn off the main receiver that you also turn off the Zone 2 because if you don’t turn off Zone2 then the receiver will continue to run and will produce heat.

Thanks,

Forum Modarator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down