NR616 "headless" and second zone

View previous topic View next topic Go down

NR616 "headless" and second zone

Post  DaveMath on Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:45 pm

I've got an amplifier that I'm using in without a display to drive audio in a couple zones, is there anyway to enable the second zone via remote control, or do I need to bring a monitor into the A/V closet to enable this via OSD?

DaveMath

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NR616 "headless" and second zone

Post  OnkyoUSA on Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:41 pm

You can use the front display of the receiver, or you can also use the REMOTE 2 App from your Apple, Android, or Kindle device to access and operate your receiver and ZONE 2 feature without the use of a Monitor. To utilize the REMOTE 2 App; your receiver will need to be connected onto your LAN network.

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
Admin

View user profile http://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveMath on Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:19 pm

OnkyoUSA wrote:You can use the front display of the receiver, or you can also use the REMOTE 2 App

Forum Moderator

I've done this, but the amplifier is not enabled in the system. Is there any way to enable the zone 2 amp without a monitor via the LCD front panel?

DaveMath

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA on Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:05 pm

Question: are you using POWERED ZONE 2 or you using an external amplifier and the ZONE 2 LINE OUT terminal? If you are using POWERED ZONE 2; please follow these instructions: Go into the HOME SETUP menu of the receiver by pressing the RECEIVER and then HOME buttons on the remote controller (or pressing the SETUP button on the front panel of button). Scroll to the SETUP option and press the ENTER button to access the menu. Now scroll down to 2. SPEAKER SETUP and press the ENTER button. Scroll to 2.1 SPEAKER SETTINGS and press ENTER again; then toggle thru the options available (FRONT SPKRS and POWERED ZONE 2) by pressing the DOWN arrow button. Scroll down to POWERED ZONE 2 and toggle the choices from NO to YES by pressing the directional (RIGHT --> or LEFT <---) arrow button(s). Once completed, exit out of the setup menu by pressing the SETUP button. All this is visible on the front LED display panel of the reciever. Now press the ZONE 2 button and when the LED display shows " Z2 SEL: OFF..." , press the INPUT source button you'd like to hear thru ZONE 2 (i.e. CBL/SAT, USB, NET, etc.). So the receiver should now say " Z2 SEL: CBL/SAT". To adjust the volume for ZONE 2- press the ZONE 2 button first and then adjust the volume using the VOLUME buttons or VOLUME knob on the receiver. To adjsut the volume for the MAIN listening area- simply pressing the VOLUME buttons or adjust the volume knob to adjust the output for the MAIN listening area.

If you are NOT using the POWERED ZONE 2 option of the receiver; bypass the instructions above and ensure that the SPKR SETTINGS submenu option shows PWRD ZONE 2 shows NO. Since the ZONE 2 LINE OUT is set to a FIXED output level, the volume adjustment for ZONE 2 will need to be made by the external amplifier and NOT the TX-NR 515 receiver. Using the ZONE 2 LINE OUT: NON POWERED ZONE 2- simply press the ZONE 2 button and select the input source you'd like to use for ZONE 2 playback.

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
Admin

View user profile http://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top