Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

*****> 7/24/2012 firmware update information <*****

3 posters

Go down

*****>  7/24/2012 firmware update information <***** Empty *****> 7/24/2012 firmware update information <*****

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:50 pm

Hi Forum users,

Due to the problems some of our users are experiencing with the latest firmware update on the TX-NR515 and the TX-NR616 we are removing it from the network and our website to determine the cause. We appreciate your patience while our engineers research these issues.

If you’ve already done the 7/24/12 update and are having video issues and/or audio issues, please PM me with your contact information and we will accommodate you.

Thank you,

Forum Moderator.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

*****>  7/24/2012 firmware update information <***** Empty Re: *****> 7/24/2012 firmware update information <*****

Post  etw Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:20 pm

This is a joke. Unfortunately, it isn't very funny. I updated yesterday with no issues but I certainly don't have a good feeling about this now. What a disaster this has been and continues to be.

etw

Back to top Go down

*****>  7/24/2012 firmware update information <***** Empty Current status

Post  MusicLover Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:09 pm

Onkyo Admin:

As there are some rather smart technical people on this forum, please ask your engineers to write a note to you that you can cut/paste to us BUYERS of your products as to what is going on with the firmware

I have lost count of how many firmware updates come out only to be pulled a day later when they have caused massive damage to our units, we are paying for the right to be a Beta Tester, not good.

It has been at least 3 months of non stop problems and my own unit is useless since last week when I did the July24th firmware update which you told me in on this website (is fully 100% safe to use).

You have made a binding statement of "fully safe" and that implies certain terms and conditions of now needing to fix the issue caused.

In case someone new to this forum is reading this and being confused by reference to a July 24th firmware NR616 update : at least twice now, Onkyo has released a firmware update and then pulled it from their website when massive problems occured without addressing valid problems their firmware update caused in the process.

MusicLover

Back to top Go down

*****>  7/24/2012 firmware update information <***** Empty Re: *****> 7/24/2012 firmware update information <*****

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down