Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Onkyo TX-NR709 HDMI Input Failure

2 posters

Go down

Onkyo TX-NR709 HDMI Input Failure Empty Onkyo TX-NR709 HDMI Input Failure

Post  wvufanmg Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:17 pm

I purchased a brand new TX-NR709 on April 17, 2012 and have been running a PS3, and Motorola cable box with no issues since then. Today, I got home from work and each input displays a blue screen with no audio. I unplugged the unit for over an hour with all HDMI cables unplugged, re-powered the unit with all HDMI inputs replaced, and got the same issue. I switched to the Sub HDMI output with no success. I then performed the reset to factory settings (hold VCR and then standby), which also did nothing. Both HDMI sources work fine when connected directly to the TV. Any other options or will I need to have this serviced? Also, how long does servicing the HDMI board usually take since this seems to be a fairly common issue with this model (I should have listened to the reviews warning against this issue).

wvufanmg

Back to top Go down

Onkyo TX-NR709 HDMI Input Failure Empty Re: Onkyo TX-NR709 HDMI Input Failure

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:34 pm

Hi wvufanmg,

If you've already tried the reset and it did not resolve your issue then the next step is to have a service center further evaluate it. Authorized service centers can be found on our main page under support.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down