Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What USB drive for Onkyo Receiver ??

3 posters

Go down

What USB drive for Onkyo Receiver ?? Empty What USB drive for Onkyo Receiver ??

Post  xkuruma Fri May 11, 2012 4:23 pm

Hey everyone, I've been having problems trying to use the usb function on my new Onkyo 309, the iPhone works pretty well, but I have a 2.5" drive in an enclosure formatted to fat32 with my music library in FLAC format, and the receiver doesn't recognize it, it just says "No storage"; I connected my kingston flash drive and it worked immediately, and it played a couple of flac files, so I'm lost here...

Do I need to get an "external hard drive" instead of just a notebook drive in an enclosure ? How can I be sure it'll work with my receiver ?

Any input on this would be great!

Other than that, the receiver works flawlessly.
Thanks

xkuruma

Back to top Go down

What USB drive for Onkyo Receiver ?? Empty Re: What USB drive for Onkyo Receiver ??

Post  xkuruma Sat May 12, 2012 2:05 pm

c'mon guys, does no one use the usb feature ? :/

xkuruma

Back to top Go down

What USB drive for Onkyo Receiver ?? Empty Re: What USB drive for Onkyo Receiver ??

Post  coxie2 Sun May 13, 2012 10:04 pm

Hey zkuruma I do not use an external however, you may want to check page 76 of the owners manual. It says that an external should have separate power supply and that not all are compatible. I use a media server on my laptop and the dlna feature in "net" has no problem playing my music. Have not tried hooking up an external to my 609.

coxie2

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon May 14, 2012 3:31 pm

Hi coxie2,

Thank you for your input.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down