Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX8050 static between songs

2 posters

Go down

TX8050 static between songs  Empty TX8050 static between songs

Post  JWMack Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:06 am

I have a a TX8050 connected to a wireless G home network with Windows Media Player 11 as my DLNA client on a Windows machine. Basically, the system works and the digital music libray hosted on my PC can now be played though the stereo.

But there is one glaring flaw in this process - a very loud and disturbing static noise occurs between every song change.

Anybody know what is causing this and moreover how to get rid of it?

JWMack

Back to top Go down

TX8050 static between songs  Empty Re: TX8050 static between songs

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:40 am

Hi JWMack,
Does this problem happen all the time (for example listening to the radio) or only when connected to the computer? Thank you!
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  JWMack Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:04 pm

The static noise between songs only occurs when the TX8050's NET > DLNA setting is selected to access the music library hosted by Windows Media Player on my PC.

JWMack

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:12 am

Hi JWMack,
Do you have it connected wirelessly with our UWF-1 or with an ethernet cable? If it is connected wirelessly please try connecting it with an ethernet cable to see if that corrects the issue. Also, try changing the speaker cables to new or different cables to see if the issue lies within the cable. If these do not work we have another option to troubleshoot the unit. Please keep us posted. Thank you!
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JWMack Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:18 am

The TX8050 is connected to my wireless G home network via the UWF-1. The PC and the stereo system are in different rooms and due to constraints of the the physical layout hardwiring a connection is not a feasible option. I bought the Onkyo network receiver and USB connector specifically to overcome that issue. Faulty speaker wire is not a cause here because other input devices running through the system do so without concern. There is no mistaking the fact that static noise only occurs when one track is finished and the next track is about to begin during DLNA data transmission with the TX8050.

JWMack

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:15 am

Hi Hi JWMack,
I wanted you to try an ethernet cable to determine if the problem was with the UWF-1. If there is some way you can do that please try it. If it is truly not possible I am going to ask you to perform a reset on the receiver to see if that fixes the issue. Before doing so please keep in mind: THIS RESET WILL CAUSE YOU TO LOOSE ALL YOUR AUDIO AND VIDEO ASSIGNMENTS ON THE RECEIVER; ALSO YOUR SPEAKER CONFIGURATION, SPEAKER DISTANCE , ALL LEVEL CALLIBRATION SETTINGS AND AUDYSSEY SETTINGS. YOU WILL LOOSE ANY PROGRAMED RADIO STATIONS IN THE MEMORY. To do the reset please hold down the TUNING MODE button, while holding it down please press the ON/STANDBY button. Thanks!
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down