Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HT-RC360 DLNA: Get back to now playing screen?

2 posters

Go down

HT-RC360 DLNA: Get back to now playing screen? Empty HT-RC360 DLNA: Get back to now playing screen?

Post  bilditup1 Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:40 am

Hi,
So I'm having some trouble with DLNA on my RC360. There doesn't appear to be a way to get back to see the current song after hitting 'return' and browsing through other songs using the remote, if I decide to just keep listening to the current song instead of changing to a different one.
Am I wrong? Is there some simple way to do this? The Android app - which now works, after installing the 3/16 firmware update - has a 'now playing' button, which is nice, but I'd like to be able to do this with the plastic remote, too.

bilditup1

Back to top Go down

HT-RC360 DLNA: Get back to now playing screen? Empty Re: HT-RC360 DLNA: Get back to now playing screen?

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:58 pm

Hi bilditup1,

What DLNA device are you using for this setup? If you could provide model numbers and DLNA version numbers of the device you are using that would greatly help me deduce what's going on with this.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

HT-RC360 DLNA: Get back to now playing screen? Empty Re: HT-RC360 DLNA: Get back to now playing screen?

Post  bilditup1 Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:23 pm

OnkyoUSA wrote:Hi bilditup1,

What DLNA device are you using for this setup? If you could provide model numbers and DLNA version numbers of the device you are using that would greatly help me deduce what's going on with this.

I am using foobar2000 and sometimes Windows Media Player from my main PC to stream to my HT-RC360.

But I don't see how the DLNA device is relevant whatsoever! All I'm asking is for an easy way to get back to the Now Playing screen using the plastic remote - for *any* NET app, really, not for DLNA. In the Android app, there's a button in the upper-right corner of the screen - in DLNA, Pandora, favorites, whatever - that lets me do that. I want to be able to do this with the plastic remote, too.

bilditup1

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:27 pm

Hi bilditup1,

Unfortunately the "plastic" remote will not do what you want it to do but I will send this to our engineering department and see what they can do on this.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  bilditup1 Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:04 pm

Unfortunately the "plastic" remote will not do what you want it to do but I will send this to our engineering department and see what they can do on this.

Yeah, this is a pretty silly oversight. Maybe there's an IR code or something out there that brings you back to 'Now Playing' that I could teach a learning universal remote? This is especially a problem if I have to switch from Receiver mode back into NET mode on the plastic remote, since by hitting NET it takes me all the way back to top NET menu where you select which service you're using. I can't get back to the now playing screen without re-selecting my media server and navigating back to the correct folder...

bilditup1

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:31 pm

Hi bilditup1,

It is a possibility that an IR command would solve this issue. All I can do is send to our engineering department. Thank you for choosing Onkyo.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  bilditup1 Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:37 pm

It is a possibility that an IR command would solve this issue. All I can do is send to our engineering department. Thank you for choosing Onkyo.

Thanks. In the meantime, I guess I'll use the Android app with NET stuff; anyway it's pretty slick. (May switch to iOS with my next phone - can the Onkyo iOS app control NET functions and stream audio from the phone the same way the OnkyoRemote Android app does? If not I'll keep the old thing alive just for use as a remote I guess.)

bilditup1

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:19 pm

Hi bilditup1,

I will have to check on that for you. We come out with new features all the time, please keep checking our website press release for any forthcoming products and features.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down