Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone Running a HTPC through HDMI on TX-NRX16?

2 posters

Go down

Anyone Running a HTPC through HDMI on TX-NRX16? Empty Anyone Running a HTPC through HDMI on TX-NRX16?

Post  madmaxed Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:06 am

Is anyone out there running a HTPC on Windows 7 with HDMI output?

I'm currently using Media Center as my OTA tuner. Works great when plugged direct via HDMI to TV. Through a TX-NR616 things are so great.

Just wondering if anyone else is using a HTPC with media center through the Onkyo, and if so what video card and audio setup.

madmaxed

Back to top Go down

Anyone Running a HTPC through HDMI on TX-NRX16? Empty Re: Anyone Running a HTPC through HDMI on TX-NRX16?

Post  ralphreyes Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:21 am

Hello and I'm a first time A/V Receiver user and just recently purchased the Onkyo TX-NR515. I've got it setup with my PC, and it is running an AMD Radeon 6870 video card. I've got it connected to the receiver and then to the TV with RIFD enabled. Out of the box, this was working very well, but what I didn't like was that when I'd turn the TV and receiver off then turned them back on, it wouldn't 'stay' on the PC input. It would go to TV/CD (which had nothing plugged in) and I had to press another button on the receiver to get it back to the PC input. But after updating the firmware, this is working as it should. I must say I'm impressed and so far I'm loving this unit and the setup.

One thing I wish we could have would be the ability to listen to the net (pandora) from my receiver without having to have the TV on, or if I'm working on the PC I'd like to listen to the net part in the receiver without losing video signal from the PC. Kind of like listening to FM. If there's already a way to do that, I'd like to know. But I've gone through every menu and can't find a way to do it. Maybe this is by design?

ralphreyes

Back to top Go down

Anyone Running a HTPC through HDMI on TX-NRX16? Empty Re: Anyone Running a HTPC through HDMI on TX-NRX16?

Post  madmaxed Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:55 am

Have you tried to get it working in pass through mode?

I have a dream of not needing the receiver on to watch TV. I have been running a HTPC connected to my TV via HDMI for a few years. I wanted to be able to keep the receiver off most of the time unless I truely want surround sound for a sporting event or something. Efforts to this point haven't been good. I have random sound issues, and even with a firmware update have the same problem you had with the input not staying set to what was last set if I have RIHD enabled.

madmaxed

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down