Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-NR616 sporadic sound drop out for a second or less

2 posters

Go down

TX-NR616 sporadic sound drop out for a second or less Empty TX-NR616 sporadic sound drop out for a second or less

Post  CoMiGa Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:06 pm

I just got my TX-NR616 I updated to the latest firmware over USB and every so often with multiple sources the sound will drop out for a second or less. I rewind the source and it does not occur again and does not last long. I am using THX listening modes. All sources are connected with HDMI. What could be causing this? The sources I have noticed so far are a PS3 and my fios DVR.

CoMiGa

Back to top Go down

TX-NR616 sporadic sound drop out for a second or less Empty Re: TX-NR616 sporadic sound drop out for a second or less

Post  FlyByNgt Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:20 pm

CoMiGa wrote:I just got my TX-NR616 I updated to the latest firmware over USB and every so often with multiple sources the sound will drop out for a second or less. I rewind the source and it does not occur again and does not last long. I am using THX listening modes. All sources are connected with HDMI. What could be causing this? The sources I have noticed so far are a PS3 and my fios DVR.

Hi CoMiga,

I have found and with helping others on this board with success. Unplug the unit from the power supply for exactly 5 minutes. This is considered a "soft boot"; you will NOT lose any of your settings. After you have it unplugged for the 5 minutes, plug it back in and see what happens. After it is plugged back give it a min or so, and then turn the receiver on and hopefully this will help.

I have the TX-NR717, had a few issues that for the life of me could not figure out after a firmware update. Found and did this. My TX-NR717 has been working like a champ ever since .

I will always do this after a major update. It makes sense if you think about it. PC's, Cells, Tablets all reboot after an update.

Hope this helps. ENJOY!

Post here and let all know if this works.

Ciao, FlyByNgt 12-04-12.
FlyByNgt
FlyByNgt

Back to top Go down

TX-NR616 sporadic sound drop out for a second or less Empty Re: TX-NR616 sporadic sound drop out for a second or less

Post  CoMiGa Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:38 pm

FlyByNgt wrote:
Hi CoMiga,

I have found and with helping others on this board with success. Unplug the unit from the power supply for exactly 5 minutes. This is considered a "soft boot"; you will NOT lose any of your settings. After you have it unplugged for the 5 minutes, plug it back in and see what happens. After it is plugged back give it a min or so, and then turn the receiver on and hopefully this will help.

I have the TX-NR717, had a few issues that for the life of me could not figure out after a firmware update. Found and did this. My TX-NR717 has been working like a champ ever since .

I will always do this after a major update. It makes sense if you think about it. PC's, Cells, Tablets all reboot after an update.

Hope this helps. ENJOY!

Post here and let all know if this works.

Ciao, FlyByNgt 12-04-12.

Hi FlyByNgt,

Thank you for your reply. The way my system is configured the receiver is basically soft booting every time I power on the system. I have it connected to a smart plug that cuts the power to all devices when the TV turns off. This is the device I am using: ww w.amazon.co m/Belkin-Conserve-Socket-Energy-Saving/dp/B003P2UMQ2/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1354664203&sr=8-5&keywords=belkin+smart+plug

I will be watching more TV tonight so I will see if the issue occurs again and post an update.

Thanks,
CoMiGa

CoMiGa

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down