Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Iphone Remote 2 App Not Detecting NR717

3 posters

Go down

Iphone Remote 2 App Not Detecting NR717 Empty Iphone Remote 2 App Not Detecting NR717

Post  bennesh1 Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:34 pm

I just purchased the NR-717 unit and updated all firmware to the latest versions. I'm using the UWF-1 wireless adapter and can connect to Pandora from my NR-717 with no problems. I have downloaded the Onkyo Remote 2 version 1.4 app to my Iphone 5 but cannot get it to see the receiver. Both devices are on the same wireless network and have Ip addresses in the same 192.168.1.x range. There are no other wireless routers on this network. I've tried to delete and re-download the app as well as reset the receiver with no luck. Any suggestions?

bennesh1

Back to top Go down

Iphone Remote 2 App Not Detecting NR717 Empty Re: Iphone Remote 2 App Not Detecting NR717

Post  FlyByNgt Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:48 pm

Do you have the "Network Standby" option turned on? If you want to be able to turn on your receiver after you have powered it down. You have to put network standby on or if you have the app running, when you hit the power off on the app you will not be able to power back up.

I have found and with helping others on this board with success. Try to uinplug the TX-NR717 from the power supply for exactly 5 minutes. This is considered a "soft boot", you will NOT lose any of your settings. After you have it unplugged for the 5 minutes, plug it back in and see what happens. After it is plugged back in then try the app. Remember, place unit in Network Standby mode and see.

I have the TX-NR717, had a few issues that for the life of me could not figure out after a firmware update. Found and did this. My TX-NR717 has been working like a champ ever since. cheers I will always do this after a major update. It makes sense if you think about it. PC's, Cells, Tablets all reboot after a update.

It is a killer receiver!! ENJOY! I LOVE IT!

Post here and let all know if this works.

Ciao, FlyByNgt 11-29-12
FlyByNgt
FlyByNgt

Back to top Go down

Iphone Remote 2 App Not Detecting NR717 Empty Re: Iphone Remote 2 App Not Detecting NR717

Post  bennesh1 Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:03 pm

I'm not sure about the network standby setting, but I will check that tonight. I did try unplugging the receiver for 5 minutes then plugging it back in with no success. My receiver is already on when I start the Remote 2 app but all I get are the Demo mode button and Search Again options with no devices listed. Does the network standby affect this if the unit is already on?

bennesh1

Back to top Go down

Post  FlyByNgt Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:42 pm

bennesh1 wrote:I'm not sure about the network standby setting, but I will check that tonight. I did try unplugging the receiver for 5 minutes then plugging it back in with no success. My receiver is already on when I start the Remote 2 app but all I get are the Demo mode button and Search Again options with no devices listed. Does the network standby affect this if the unit is already on?

Hi Bennesh1,
I would check the standby and make sure it is on if you want to wake the receiver from the app after you shut it down. I do not think it would make a difference when you use the app while the unit is on. Have you tried to uninstall n reinstall the app? I have seen on these forums that might help.

Did you do the "soft boot" of unplugging for at LEAST 5 mins. after any major updates? I would give it a try again and delete and reinstall the app. If this does not help, contact Onkyo.

My app not only shows the TX-NR717 but also my LG TV for the media streaming. Pretty cool! I love it. Cool

Take care, let us know how you make out. Ciao, FlyByNgt 11-29-12
FlyByNgt
FlyByNgt

Back to top Go down

Post  bennesh1 Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:47 pm

Yes, I did delete and re-install the Remote 2 app and have tried it from both my Iphone and Ipad with the same results. I have also unplugged the receiver for 5 minutes but this did not fix the problem. I will check the network standby option and try and find time to call Onkyo support when I am home.

Thanks

bennesh1

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:31 pm

Is the phone and receiver on the SAME network? Have you seen the "NOW INITIALIZING" message on the receiver when in the NET or USB input? How is your receiver connected to your network- ethernet or using the UWF-1 USB LAN adapter? What is the version of the Remote 2 App on your phone? Is DHCP enabled on the NETWORK SETUP submenu of the receiver? Are you getting the correct IP address of 192.168.- - - - ? I would suggest you try to reserve a SKYPE callback reservation (using a Skype enabled device or webcam and microphone, iPad or Android tablet device with Skype, or cellphone with Skype) for an interactive and visual presentation of your current setup so we can further assist you at the following weblink: http://www.onkyousa.com/support_appointment_afaq.cfm?skype=y. This reservation is available Monday -Friday 10am to 4pm EST; we would like to view your setup and work to resolve your issue. This option is only available for Onkyo USA and Onkyo Canada customers only; please contact your regional Onkyo Product Support department for further assistance if you are not an Onkyo USA or Onkyo Canada customer.

Cordially;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bennesh1 Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:18 pm

I was able to resolve my issue by rebooting my wireless router. I confirmed that all my devices (smartTV, Receiver, iPhone 5) had an ip address in the same range and were able to get out to the internet but my iPhone would still not see my receiver. I logged on to my router and looked at the devices connected and noticed that not everything was in the list. I rebooted the router and everything reconnected and that resolved my problem. I can now use the Onkyo Remote 2 app to control my receiver and stream music. Hope this helps someone else.

bennesh1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down