Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NR414 HDMI stops working when I switch between inputs.

3 posters

Go down

NR414 HDMI stops working when I switch between inputs. Empty NR414 HDMI stops working when I switch between inputs.

Post  cstegner Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:22 am

If I startup everything from being powered off (xbox 360, receiver and acer projector) then everything works fine. I have it on the "Game" input. Once I switch to a different input and switch back to the "Game" input nothing is displayed on the projector and "HDMI" blinks on the front of the receiver.

I narrowed the problem down to the HDMI going to the projector. If I leave everything on and unplug the projector and plug it back in or remove then the "Game" input works correctly again.

Obviously it's not realistic for me to turn the projector off every time I want to switch inputs though. Please help.

Chris

cstegner

Back to top Go down

NR414 HDMI stops working when I switch between inputs. Empty Re: NR414 HDMI stops working when I switch between inputs.

Post  cstegner Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:40 pm

Anything anyone? Onkyo support?

Best, Chris

cstegner

Back to top Go down

NR414 HDMI stops working when I switch between inputs. Empty Re: NR414 HDMI stops working when I switch between inputs.

Post  cstegner Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:49 pm

More information: This is a brand new receiver that I just got last night. I did give it the latest firmware update in order to see if that would fix the problem, however it did not.

cstegner

Back to top Go down

Post  FlyByNgt Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:57 pm

cstegner wrote:More information: This is a brand new receiver that I just got last night. I did give it the latest firmware update in order to see if that would fix the problem, however it did not.

Hi Csteger,

I have found and with helping others on this board with success. Unplug the unit from the power supply for exactly 5 minutes. This is considered a "soft boot", you will NOT lose any of your settings. After you have it unplugged for the 5 minutes, plug it back in and see what happens. After it is plugged back give it a min or so, then turn the receiver on and hopefully this will help.

I have the TX-NR717, had a few issues that for the life of me could not figure out after a firmware update. Found and did this. My TX-NR717 has been working like a champ ever since cheers .

I will always do this after a major update. It makes sense if you think about it. PC's, Cells, Tablets all reboot after a update.

Hope this helps. ENJOY!

Post here and let all know if this works.

Ciao, FlyByNgt 11-29-12.
FlyByNgt
FlyByNgt

Back to top Go down

Post  cstegner Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:07 pm

Fly Thanks for the response. I actually did this last night before and after the firmware update. I scoured the forum trying everything I could find before posting. Spending the 4 hours trying to trouble shott it that way by myself did really help me narrow down the problem though. Now I just need to fix it Wink

Best, Chris

cstegner

Back to top Go down

Post  FlyByNgt Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:27 pm

cstegner wrote:Fly Thanks for the response. I actually did this last night before and after the firmware update. I scoured the forum trying everything I could find before posting. Spending the 4 hours trying to trouble shott it that way by myself did really help me narrow down the problem though. Now I just need to fix it Wink

Best, Chris

Hi Chris,

Sounds like a "HDMI handshaking issue" Try this. When you 1st turn on your setup. Switch out of the input you are on, then go back. This will grab and lock the HDMI signal. I had one of those issues.. that was my fix until I found more information.

When you did the "soft boot" by unpligging the power cord from the wall. Did you leave it out for at least 5 minutes?? That is important. I know, I was inpatient too. But make sure at the least 5 mins. Just checking Cool

I really hope you get it straightened out soon. Email or call Onkyo.

Ciao, Tonio aka FlyByNgt 11-29-12

FlyByNgt
FlyByNgt

Back to top Go down

Post  cstegner Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:31 am

Nothing seems to be fixing the problem, so unfortunately I'll be looking into returning it today.

Also a little discouraging that no one from Onkyo even replied to this message string. Better luck with my next receiver.

Thanks for your help Fly.

Chris

cstegner

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:43 pm

cstegner wrote:Nothing seems to be fixing the problem, so unfortunately I'll be looking into returning it today.

Also a little discouraging that no one from Onkyo even replied to this message string. Better luck with my next receiver.

Thanks for your help Fly.

Chris

We apologize that we were not able to further assist you; as we recommend contacting our Product Support department during the weekends- as the FORUM is not monitored during weekends and also during migration. We would've been able to better understand your issue via phone call.

Cordially;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down