Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

wireless access point limitation?

2 posters

Go down

wireless access point limitation? Empty wireless access point limitation?

Post  steve40 Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:57 am

I recently purchased the TX-NR709 and the UWF-1 wireless USB adapter. When I attempt to set up the wireless capability, I am selecting manual as the option, but the device is reporting no access point found. I attempted this several times, and on occasion it would find my neighbor's network but not my network. I then updated the firmware via USB after seeing that on some of the models there was an issue with recognition of special characters in the network name which was fixed with the upgrade. This did not fix the issue. There is a blank in the middle of my network name - could that be the problem even though I updated the firmware?

steve40

Back to top Go down

wireless access point limitation? Empty Re: wireless access point limitation?

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:00 pm

Hi steve40,
The first step to troubleshooting an issue like this would be to try getting internet access via an ehternet cable. Please connect your receiver with an ethernet cable and see if you are able to connect that way. Keep us posted, Thank you.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  steve40 Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:26 pm

I successfully connected via ethernet cable.

steve40

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:45 pm

Hi Steve40,
I believe the issue may be with the UWF-1, but there is one more thing I would like you to try. Since you have the latest firmware already the next step would be to reset the receiver to see if you then get an access point. Please read our blog post on resetting the receiver: http://onkyousacustomersupportblog.wordpress.com/2011/09/12/factory-reset/ This will give you all the important information you need to know as well as how to do it. Also please make sure your network is not hidden. The UWF-1 only works with a visible network, thank you.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  steve40 Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:17 pm

I determined that my network was hidden, so I unhid it and was able to find and connect to it. I then hid the network again, turned off the Onkyo, waited a bit and turned it back on. It successfully reconnected to the network. So I am good to go - thank you!

steve40

Back to top Go down

Post  steve40 Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:26 pm

I just realized that I am actually not connected - but it is attempting to connect and it did retain the network name.

steve40

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:04 pm

Hi Steve40,
If it does not connect you may need to keep your network visible in order for it to work, thank you for choosing onkyo, if you have any other questions feel free to ask. Very Happy
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down