Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PC Karaoke through TX-NR807

2 posters

Go down

PC Karaoke through TX-NR807 Empty PC Karaoke through TX-NR807

Post  jb65 Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:46 pm

I have a rather new PC, running Windows 7, connected to my NR807 receiver via HDMI. Currently the HDMI connection provides both audio and video and are mapped to "Port". It works fantastic for movies, internet streaming, etc with the exception of one PC application, the Karaoke program. The problem is that the microphones, connected to the PC, exhibit a noticeable audio delay of less than a second from singing (input) to speaker (output). Google searches lead me to believe this is due to an analog to digital conversion of the audio stream. I'm not sure if this conversion is taking place on the PC, the NR807 receiver, or both - or if its even the cause problem for that matter.

I've toggled through the various receiver listening modes and do not notice a difference in the audio delay when selecting "direct," "pure audio," "mono" or any other setting for that matter. I also don't believe the video "through" option or the "lip-sync" option will address the matter since all other PC applications work fine.

Can this audio lag/delay be resolved by using audio RCA jack connections into the receiver? I'd use HDMI for the video and RCA for the audio.

Appreciate any feedback so to avoid more mind numbing trial-and-error resolution.

jb65

Back to top Go down

PC Karaoke through TX-NR807 Empty Re: PC Karaoke through TX-NR807

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:19 am

Hi jb65,
I have an associate looking into this for you and will get back to you soon, thank you for your patience.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:52 am

Hi jb65,
If it is only the on application causing the issue and everything else is working fine the issue may be caused by the program you are using. You can try the analog connection, but it may or may not work. Thank you for contacting Onkyo via our forum.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down