Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-NR717 not able to use the usb(front or back) to play music on my android

2 posters

Go down

TX-NR717 not able to use the usb(front or back) to play music on my android Empty TX-NR717 not able to use the usb(front or back) to play music on my android

Post  mohamie Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:46 pm

Hello

I have the TX-NR717 and I would like to use my phone with a usb cable to play music through the receiver. When I connect the phone to the receiver the phone asks if I want to use mass storage. I've tried both ways and cannot get any sound through to the speakers.

Any ideas?

Thanks

mohamie

Back to top Go down

TX-NR717 not able to use the usb(front or back) to play music on my android Empty Re: TX-NR717 not able to use the usb(front or back) to play music on my android

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:27 pm

First question- did you notice if the receiver displayed " NOW INTIALIZING" when you first accessed the USB input? When you initially plugged in the USB cable into the receiver and seen the message prompt on your phone- did you select USB MASS STORAGE and then noticed the receiver's display change from "NO STORAGE" to "CONNECTING..." and " USB STORAGE 1/xxx.." ? If you have noticed these events; you can press the ENTER button on the receiver or press the USB button on the remote controller and then proceed to press the ENTER button. It should now navigate you into the folder menu of your phone and you can further navigate to your music folder and select the song titles you'd like to play thru your receiver. If you are still experiencing the same issue(s), Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation (Monday- Sunday 24 hours a day (800) 229-1687; option #3 PRODUCT SUPPORT). We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue as prompt as possible.

Cordially;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

TX-NR717 not able to use the usb(front or back) to play music on my android Empty Re: TX-NR717 not able to use the usb(front or back) to play music on my android

Post  mohamie Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:31 pm

The receiver is so quick I didn't see it saying connecting. The screen said USB F, and all I had to do was push enter and it showed all my folders on my phone. Awesome product backed up by great support, thank you!

mohamie

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:57 pm

No problem. If you need any further assistance; please contact us via phone, email, or via our Onkyo Forum at https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com/f1-welcome-to-the-onkyo-forum.

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down