Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HT-RC180 in for 3rd repair - parts on backorder

3 posters

Go down

HT-RC180 in for 3rd repair - parts on backorder Empty HT-RC180 in for 3rd repair - parts on backorder

Post  Kristophorus Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:07 am

Hello,

I hope the support people here can give me some answers over what the technical support line can do.

I purchased my HT-RC180 in Nov, 2010 from OneCall.
In Feb. 2011 I had to take it to Norman Electronics for a no sound issue.
Received it back in March, and had to bring it back in at the first of Apr.

On July 5th 2012, it stopped producing sound again.
I contacted Onkyo Support on the 10th or 11th and after two weeks of no answers to my questions, I was advised to take it back in for service.
It was diagnosed and the repair parts are on back order. I am awaiting an answer from Norman Electronics on the status of the parts.

It is now 18-Sep, so I have been without my receiver for 11 weeks.
In total, I have had the unit in for service for 4-5 months out of the 20 months I have owned it.
20-25% of its time in the shop. Not a good track record.

My warranty will expire this year. Can Onkyo offer any type extension to the warranty since this particular unit has shown a history of poor service?

I was so excited to purchase an Onkyo to replace my 15 year old Onkyo that I never had a bit of issue with.
Obviously, I am quite disappointed with this unit and hope it isn't an example of what Onkyo quality is now.

Here is the fax I initially sent it to Onkyo:
I purchased this receiver in Nov. 2010.

It stopped working in late Feb. 2011 and I took it to Norman Electronics for repair.
I received it back from Norman at the end of March 2011
Within a week, it was not working again and I called Norman directly. The photo below shows the intake ticket for April 8th, 2011.

The receiver stopped producing sound again around July 4th, 2012.
I have tried a reset (holding [VCR/DVR} & Pressing [ON/STANDBY]) with no help.
I unplugged the speakers and plugged a headphone into the front, still with no sound.

At this point, I am concerned about the receiver and what will happen when my warranty runs out in November.

My prior receiver was also an Onkyo and I had 10 years of great service from it, so naturally, I purchased another Onkyo, expecting 10 years of listening enjoyment.

I want to have faith in the company, but am concerned about the future of this receiver.

Kristophorus

Back to top Go down

HT-RC180 in for 3rd repair - parts on backorder Empty Re: HT-RC180 in for 3rd repair - parts on backorder

Post  Kristophorus Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:24 am

I recieved the response from the repair company:

Your current ticket # 437356 does have a PCB on B/O with an ETA of 11/15
The only phone # I have for Onkyo 1-800-229-1687

Danny Lago
Norman's Electronics
2860 Buford HWY. Suite A 101
Duluth GA. 30096
PH: 770-451-5057 EXT: 125
Fax: 770-495-3781

So now, I will get the receiver back, at the same time my warranty expires.
5 Months after it went out of service!!!!

With that said, it will have not working for 7 months out of 24 months, or almost 30% of the time I have owned it.

Kristophorus

Back to top Go down

HT-RC180 in for 3rd repair - parts on backorder Empty Re: HT-RC180 in for 3rd repair - parts on backorder

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:09 pm

Please reply back to the PM sent to you so I can further research this issue.

Thank You;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Dubs29 Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:04 pm

Thank You for posting this! I am awaiting word on how long my repair will take. If your results are any indication I won't see my unit till the end of the year. If that's the case then Onkyo better be ready to replace both of our units. I'm not willing to wait 4 months for a repair of faulty equipment that will also leave me out of warranty when it returns. That means if it comes back and doesn't work or fails immediately Onkyo leaves us high and dry. Not acceptable in any way shape or form. This is Onkyo's equipment failure problem and they should step up to make it right by replacing our units.

Dubs29

Back to top Go down

Post  Kristophorus Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:05 pm

I was going to post this tomorrow, but since you commented I will do so now.

I have been in contact with the Forum Administrator as requested and they have been extremely helpful in getting my issue resolved.

Dubs29, I reccomend you send them a PM to explain your issue.

Kristophorus

Back to top Go down

Post  Dubs29 Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:13 am

I have my unit in now. I am awaiting word on just how long to expect to wait. The Moderators and I are in contact now. I'm just nervous I'm going to hear the same as you or worse with no parts available till November or later. Trust me if I get the same news I will be forwarding that onto the Mods to review the situation!
I hope your issues get handled as well shortly! Keep posting to let us know what's going on.
Thanks

Dubs29

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:49 pm

Hello Dubs29;

Please review your PM so we can further assist you.

Best Regards;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down