Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UBT-1 Bluetooth Incompatability with Android 4.0 (Ice CReam Sandwith)?

4 posters

Go down

UBT-1 Bluetooth Incompatability with Android 4.0 (Ice CReam Sandwith)? Empty UBT-1 Bluetooth Incompatability with Android 4.0 (Ice CReam Sandwith)?

Post  Bilby Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:29 pm

I have an NR-616 which I bought the UBT-1 BT adaptor for. It works great with my Android 3.2 (Honeycomb) tablet, but all my Android devices running Ice Cream Sandwitch (both phone and Tablet) will connect to the device via BT but no audio is played through the receiver. Other BT devices that are used with the Android 4.0 devices function fine. Is anyone else having the same problem? Or am I doing something wrong.

I generally like this receiver and the features but it is buggy and unstable (I also have the no-Video-power-off-reset problem). I hope we're only a Firmware release away from stability as I'd hate to return it.

Bilby

Back to top Go down

UBT-1 Bluetooth Incompatability with Android 4.0 (Ice CReam Sandwith)? Empty Re: UBT-1 Bluetooth Incompatability with Android 4.0 (Ice CReam Sandwith)?

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:05 pm

In regards to your issue- it would possibly be more effective to contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation below. We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue, with you having access to your unit, as prompt as possible. We would like to speak with you and provide a thorough answer to your inquiry and assist you with any further questions you may have.

Thank You;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

UBT-1 Bluetooth Incompatability with Android 4.0 (Ice CReam Sandwith)? Empty Experiencing the exact same problems

Post  mrrej89 Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:45 am

Hi,

I just registered to say I am experiencing the exact same issue. Connects fine using an Android phone running 3.x and plays audio without problems. My phone (SGSIII) connects just as the HTC Desire does, without problems, but it won't play the audio. Now I've been trough all Bluetooth options on the phone, made sure media audio is checked, that the receiver is paired and connected. My phone shows up as connected on my TX-NR414 display - it even automatically switches to USB when i start playing something on my phone after the bluetooth connection has been made. It knows its being fed sound, it just doesn't output it.

I don't know if this is a ICS bug, a onkyo bug or both - but I sure hope this will be fixed.

To OP, please post an update here if you did indeed contact Product Support Department.

mrrej89

Back to top Go down

UBT-1 Bluetooth Incompatability with Android 4.0 (Ice CReam Sandwith)? Empty Glad someone else could reproduce this

Post  Bilby Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:42 pm

I don't think it is a bug in ICS as I have both a BT speaker and hands-free kit in my car that works just fine on all ICS devices. I've tried all permutations of settings on the device and receiver and can't fix it. Hopefully this will be on the list along with the HDMI bug.

Bilby

Back to top Go down

UBT-1 Bluetooth Incompatability with Android 4.0 (Ice CReam Sandwith)? Empty Re: UBT-1 Bluetooth Incompatability with Android 4.0 (Ice CReam Sandwith)?

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:59 pm

Your message has been forwarded to the appropriate representatives and department for further review and research. Thank you again for your input.

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sacdiggler Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:10 am

Bilby / mrrej89:

Did either of you get this issue resolved? I started a very similar thread last week for the same issue. I was wondering if Onkyo Product Support has helped at all with this, they've been silent on my thread...

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com/t1820-ubt-1-bluetooth-successfully-paired-but-no-sound?highlight=bluetooth

Thanks!

sacdiggler

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:39 pm

We would like some information to provide to the Engineering department for further assistance:
1. MODEL of the phone:
2. Android O/S version: (i.e. Gingerbread 2.3)
3. Apple O/S version:
4. Apple phone Model :
5. AVR F/W version:
6. Network environment
-Model Name of Router?
-Ethernet connection or wireless connection(UWF1) with our AVR?
7. If you don’t' have the latest F/W version for our devices, please try to update the receiver with the latest firmware version and uninstall and then reinstall the Remote 2 App again.
Android app: 1.40
(Ex) TXNR609: 1141-1600-0010-8106

Thank You;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sacdiggler Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:00 pm

ALRIGHT!!! We finally got Tech Support on here!!! THANK YOU FOR THE HELP!!

1. MODEL of the phone: Motorola Droid Razr (XT912)
2. Android O/S version: Android Version - Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4
3. Apple O/S version: N/A
4. Apple phone Model : N/A
5. AVR F/W version: 1141-0108-0400
6. Network environment
-Model Name of Router? N/A
-Ethernet connection or wireless connection (UWF1) with our AVR? No, I am using the UBT-1 via Bluetooth

sacdiggler

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:44 pm

Thank you for your input, patience and cooperation; as I have forwarded to the Engineering department for further evaluation. I will advise the forum when new information is provided.

Best Regards;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sacdiggler Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:19 pm

Here's a little more information to add to this, I was wondering if this has any bearing on the situation:

My Droid RAZR runs Bluetooth Version 4.0, my wife's HTC Thunderbolt has Bluetooth Version 2.1, and the UBT-1 runs Bluetooth Version 3.0. As I've stated previously, my wife's phone pairs fine and with great audio. For my phone, Motorola says that BT Version 4.0 is backwards compatible and can work fine with other BT versions, I have tried it with a BT Speaker that runs version 2.1, and it works successfully.

Does the UBT-1 not work with BT Version 4.0? It will successfully pair with my phone, there's just no audio.

Please let me know what you are finding out. Thank you.

sacdiggler

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:21 pm

Thank you for your analysis and information. Upon testing with a Samsung Galaxy Note II and Galaxy S III smartphone; we have determined that, at this time, the UBT-1 doesn't support BT version 4.0. We have provided this information to the Engineering department for further evaluation and research. We await an update regarding this issue when made available.

Cordially;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sacdiggler Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:10 pm

Well, at least I know what the problem is now. Thank you for confirming it.

Please let me know what the engineering department comes up with. My phone was released in November of 2011. It seems kind of strange that Onkyo would release a Bluetooth adapter, that wouldn't incorporate the latest version of Bluetooth, in August of 2012. Almost a full year later.

sacdiggler

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:16 pm

We apologize for this inconvenience and are diligently working on this issue.

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down