Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-NR609 no video and skipping audio using CAB/SAT, DVD output fine.

2 posters

Go down

TX-NR609 no video and skipping audio using CAB/SAT, DVD output fine. Empty TX-NR609 no video and skipping audio using CAB/SAT, DVD output fine.

Post  jpecca Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:41 am

Five times in the last 3 months I have had to do a factory reset in order to have video display and have audio output from my cable box (Comcast). Four times I got it back this last time nothing works using the cable box. DVR blue ray player works fine. The remote does not function properly and the audio skips with no video (TV reports "no Signal"). After a reset the Onkyo log does appear on start up then reverts to "no signal". At this point the receiver setup OSD will not show up unless i switch to DVR then the OSD works. It is as if the HDMI is searching for the Cable signal as the audio display cycles with the skipping sound. If i had read these forums before I purchased this unit I would not have purchased ONKYO. The firmware is buggy and the hardware gets confused. I want my money back.

jpecca

Back to top Go down

TX-NR609 no video and skipping audio using CAB/SAT, DVD output fine. Empty TX-NR609 no video and skipping audio using CAB/SAT, DVD output fine.

Post  jpecca Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:30 pm

Well Onkyo any advise?

jpecca

Back to top Go down

TX-NR609 no video and skipping audio using CAB/SAT, DVD output fine. Empty Re: TX-NR609 no video and skipping audio using CAB/SAT, DVD output fine.

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:40 pm

Hi jpecca,

If you've done all that then it needs to go to a service center for further evaluation. Authorized service centers can be found on our main page under support.

Thank you,

Forum moderator.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jpecca Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:53 pm

This will be my first and last Onkyo purchase.

jpecca

Back to top Go down

TX-NR609 no video and skipping audio using CAB/SAT, DVD output fine. Empty Re: TX-NR609 no video and skipping audio using CAB/SAT, DVD output fine.

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:06 pm

Hi jpecca,

I apologize but have you done a Google search on some of the issue that Comcast has had with audio drops as I have seen many that discuss this same issue and not just with Onkyo products but with other manufactures as well.

Thank you,

Forum Moderator.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jpecca Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:13 pm

I thought that was limited to ATT Uverse not comcast and the larger problem is no video!

jpecca

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:18 pm

Hi jpecca,

What is the model number of your comcast box?

Thank you,

Forum Moderator.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jpecca Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:33 pm

I don't have the model number on me however I just Googled it and that is not the problem I am having. The problem with audio is the HDMI channel seems to be searching for the video feed and the display goes blank for a second then it picks up the audio only not the video this can keep cycling over and over every 10 to 15 seconds.

jpecca

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:36 pm

Hi jpecca,

May I ask where you found that at?

Thank you,

Forum Moderator.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jpecca Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:38 pm

Updated firmware tonight did not fix problem. I will be calling for an RMA to send unit for service. I have no confidence that the problem will be resolved so I will be exploring ways to get my money back so that I can purchase a competing product. I will be notifying the Connecticut Attorney General and the BBB.

jpecca

Back to top Go down

Post  jpecca Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:09 am

Dropped unit off at service center today. Let's see what happens next.

jpecca

Back to top Go down

Post  jpecca Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:25 pm

Got my unit back today so far so good. I'm hoping this is the end of my problem. A new HDMI board was installed.

jpecca

Back to top Go down

Post  jpecca Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:49 pm

Well it started again, had the Cable playing music turned the TV off so as not to burn in the screen. When I turned the TV back on to change the station the dreaded no signal appeared and audio started skipping. I do hardware and software trouble shooting as a profession. I do not be believe this is a hardware issue. I fixed the problem by disconnecting the HDMI cable at the TV and reconnecting. Very similar to the Windows print spooler problem where the Ethernet cable needs to be unplugged the printer powered down and then brought back up. This resets the Ethernet and the Windows print cue. This is a software bug that ONKYO should be able to fix. I should have purchased a different brand. This is my first experience with ONKYO and my last.

Last edited by jpecca on Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

jpecca

Back to top Go down

Post  jpecca Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:22 am

I bet it is the HDCP handshake that is the problem. This is most likely an ONKYO firmware issue, if it was a cable box issue the TV would have the same problem directly connected to the cable box which is not the case.

jpecca

Back to top Go down

Post  jpecca Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:20 am

Hello Onkyo so what am I to do now? I have the same problem as before except I have a new HDMI board already installed so that is not the fix. I have a great paper weight!

jpecca

Back to top Go down

Post  jpecca Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:49 am

Hello...... I am not going away. I need a response from ONKYO. I need them to recognize a firmware issue and issue a fix or I want my money back so that I can purchase a receiver that works!

jpecca

Back to top Go down

Post  jpecca Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:13 pm

I'm still waiting on an answer!

jpecca

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:19 pm

In regards to your issue- it would possibly be more effective to contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation below. We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue, with you having access to your unit, as prompt as possible. We would like to speak with you and provide a thorough answer to your inquiry and assist you with any further questions you may have. We will need to document a service ticket for this issue and get some further information that previously provided.

Cordially;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jpecca Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:32 pm

Now no sound from any input! I am done! If I can't come home from work turn on the TV and watch it than the unit is gone. It has been in for warranty work that fixed nothing. I do not want it replaced I want it out of my house and my money back so that I can buy a product that works. I will be calling my credit card tomorrow to contest the charge and get a credit. I am finished with Onyko crap!

jpecca

Back to top Go down

Post  jpecca Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:12 am

This morning I turn on the receiver and it works. I did nothing to reset it! This is the most inconsistent crappy product I have ever purchased. The problem is in the programing and the HDMI handshake until that is fixed this unit is garbage. I want my money back. If I need to be a programer in order to use a product like this it should not be sold to the public. I have time tomorrow to call and contest the charges I just want this piece of crap out of my house!

jpecca

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:58 pm

In regards to your issue- it would possibly be more effective to contact our Product Support Dept, (800-229-1687) for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation below. We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue, with you having access to your unit, as prompt as possible. Please view our website for hours of operation for the Product Support department to further assist you and work to resolve this issue.

Thank You;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jpecca Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:09 pm

I will be calling tomorrow as I will be home and at the unit. As a matter of fact I will be removing the unit for shipment back to ONKYO. I have decided to replace it with a Denon Model: AVR1913. I will be getting my money back from ONKYO.

jpecca

Back to top Go down

Post  jpecca Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:58 am

Onkyo is the most customer unfriendly company I ever had to deal with. They want me to spend my life trouble shooting their problem! I want my money back!!!! The product is trash!!!! if I can not come home and use a product without resetting and reconfiguring every time I use it (which does not work) it is a piece of garbage. Oh I can wait 8 hours then it will work again...... but i wanted to use it 8 hours ago........

jpecca

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:40 am

I am sorry that you feel that we are unfriendly to our customers, we want to assure you that we want to take care of this problem for you. Please contact our Parts & Services Dept at the number listed below during normal business hours Monday-Friday 9am-5pm EST ; or via email at parts@us.onkyo.com. They can be contacted at 201-785-2600, option # 4.

Thanks,

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jpecca Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:49 pm

So I am getting a label to ship to a regional service center for them to check it out (translated means I will be without the product that I have already paid for for how long....)

My advise to anyone thinking of buying an ONKYO is to run as far away from the product as possible DO NOT BUY IT!!!!!!!!!!!

jpecca

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down