Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-8050 Keeps re-buffering all the time (using net radio) ** FIXED **

2 posters

Go down

TX-8050 Keeps re-buffering all the time (using net radio) ** FIXED ** Empty TX-8050 Keeps re-buffering all the time (using net radio) ** FIXED **

Post  Turbo6ta Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:03 am

I am really getting frustrated with this TX-8050.

While this unit preforms very well in all other modes of operation, it falls on it's face when steaming music from radio stations such as v Tuner:

My TX-8050 is connecting to "v Tuner" via a brand new Cisco Linksys EA2700 WiFi and the Onkyo UWF-1 Lan Adapter. I also have the latest version of the firmware updates to the TX-8050 installed.

My Linksys EA2700 WiFi uses the WPA2-PSK security protocol. My internet provider is Comcast and has excellent upload and download speed.

If I listen to the various v Tuner steaming radio stations on my home computer, everything works perfectly, but if I listen to streaming radio on my TX-8050, the music will stop playing about every couple of minutes and will need to re-buffer before playing again.

The Wi-Fi is located only about 30 feet from the TX-8050, so there should be no loss of signal. No other pieces of electronic equipment is in the area that might be interfering with the signal.

Has Onkyo ever figured out what might be causing my TX-8050 to buffer all the time in order to regain the steaming music signal?

BTW ... All this equipment is new, and was installed in my home within the last week.

Thank's,
Ron

EDIT ... and BTW, this Onkyo system is used for 2-channel music only and is NOT connected to a TV

TX-8050 Keeps re-buffering all the time (using net radio) ** FIXED ** Onkyo1

TX-8050 Keeps re-buffering all the time (using net radio) ** FIXED ** Onkyo2

Last edited by Turbo6ta on Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

Turbo6ta

Back to top Go down

TX-8050 Keeps re-buffering all the time (using net radio) ** FIXED ** Empty Re: TX-8050 Keeps re-buffering all the time (using net radio) ** FIXED **

Post  Turbo6ta Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:06 am

Onkyo Support .... are you there?

Onkyo USA Product Support
Welcome to the Onkyo USA Product Support Forum. Here you will be able to ask Product Support Questions about your Onkyo Products and get answers. We're here to help the United States and Canada Only.

Thank you.

Turbo6ta

Back to top Go down

TX-8050 Keeps re-buffering all the time (using net radio) ** FIXED ** Empty Re: TX-8050 Keeps re-buffering all the time (using net radio) ** FIXED **

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:43 pm

Hi Turbo6ta,

I apologize for the delay in responding but there are several reasons why a wireless device such as the UWF-1 may not perform to its fullest potential. You mention that Vtuner works perfectly on your computer which tells me that there is not a problem with the equipment but more likely an issue with some type of firewall and or other types of software and security programs running in the background. I'd like you just as a test try and connect the TX-8050 directly to the modem via an Ethernet cable bypassing the router and try to stream some music to see if you still get the buffering. I know with some stations it may take a little longer to download music as the file compressions ratios are different so you may get some buffering. One last thing, may I ask what stations are buffering so that I may try them in our lab?

Thank you,

Forum Moderator.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Turbo6ta Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:35 am

OnkyoUSA wrote:

I'd like you just as a test try and connect the TX-8050 directly to the modem via an Ethernet cable bypassing the router and try to stream some music to see if you still get the buffering.

One last thing, may I ask what stations are buffering so that I may try them in our lab?

Forum Moderator.

I don't have an extra ethernet cable long enough to connect directly to my TX-8050, but I will buy one soon and try that test. As far as what radio stations I am having a buffering problem with ... The one station I try to listen to most often that has this problem is "181 FM Classic Hits" (on the v Tuner website).

I did some internet searching and found this ... It looks like the TP-Link TL-WN722N Wireless USB adapter might be a much better performer than the Onkyo UWF-1

This guy is getting a 94% signal strength from it ... I am betting that with that strong of a signal, he has no problems with the TX-8050 needing to re-buffer all the time. I may just buy this USB adapter and give it a try. The price is cheap at about $17 too.

Ron,

TP-Link TL-WN722N works excellent so far.

"I have it connected to an Onkyo TX-8050. I bought it based on the review of another Amazon shopper since it has the same Atheros AR9271 Chipset as the Onkyo USB WiFi adapter:

The receiver is in my garage, sending sound (mostly Pandora / Internet Radio) to 2 Zones, on my patio and in my garage. My main wireless router is in the basement on the opposite side of the house and did not have a strong enough Wifi signal in my garage.

So, before I even received the TP-Link TL-WN722N, I setup an ASUS router that I had laying around with a DD-WRT as a Repeater Bridge in the hopes that I would get my Onkyo receiver connected to internet when it arrived later in the week.

Once the Repeater Bridge was up and running, the Wi-Fi signal in my garage went from non-existent, to Good/Excellent. I connected the TP-Link TL-WN722N to the Onkyo receiver, hoping to get it connected to the Repeater Bridge. To my surprise, it found my MAIN router!

The High Gain Antenna works very very well. The Onkyo receiver reports a 94% signal strength.

I had it running for about 4 hours straight while doing some yard work, did not lose signal once. We will see how it will last in the long run".

Last edited by Turbo6ta on Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total

Turbo6ta

Back to top Go down

Post  Turbo6ta Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:18 am

Just for grins ... I did a "reset" to my TX-8050 in hopes that this might correct the buffering issue I have with the UWF-1 when listening to internet radio via Wi-Fi.

Now my reciever won't connect to to my Wi-Fi at all anymore, so I went back and re-did the UWF-1 setup again using the "Auto Setup" and "Push Button" method as described in the UWF-1 Instruction Manual.

All I get is a "Connection Failed" message at the end of the setup proceedure.

Ordered a TP-Link TL-WN722N today.

Hope it provides a better signal than this POS Onkyo UWF-1

Turbo6ta

Back to top Go down

Post  Turbo6ta Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:37 pm

My problem is FIXED ! !

Removed the Onkyo UWF-1 and installed the TP-Link TL-WN722N.

Perfect streaming music reception with no drop-outs and re-buffering.

Again, I will say .... The Onkyo UWF-1 is a POS!

Turbo6ta

Back to top Go down

Post  Turbo6ta Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:37 pm

To The Top

Just in case anyone else is having problems with making wireless internet connections using the infamous Onkyo UWF-1 Lan Adapter.

Turbo6ta

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down