Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

pc optical conection

2 posters

Go down

pc optical conection Empty pc optical conection

Post  vanniko63 Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:08 pm

i have a pc with a new sound card blaster recon 3d,i whant to get dolby sound from my pc to my home entertainment,since i spent a lot of money for computer and entertainment system,i whant to utilize the means i have.the sound card simply states to connect out from card to input to receiver using optical,well no sound,i tryed to look up diagram for my receiver ht-rc270,no diagram,can anyone help me?in back i see to optical inputs one states game 2nd tv/cd.which one is for computer,and do i have to assign a input,for computer,if so how?i have been trying for a week all i whant is good sound from computer to entertainment system.its funny that the ps3 is better sound quality then the 2000.0 dollar computer

vanniko63

Back to top Go down

pc optical conection Empty Re: pc optical conection

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:19 pm

Hi vanniko63,

You may assign either one of these two optical inputs to any input except the tuner as it is fixed. You would go to into the setup => input/output assign => Digital audio then simply assign it to any input you want. Keep in mind that your computer is the one that is providing the signal so it is up to the computer to provide it as the receiver is going to take whatever signal and decode it accordingly.

Thank you.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down