Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-NR809 please help with bi-amping vs 7.1, when using external amp.....

2 posters

Go down

TX-NR809 please help with bi-amping vs 7.1, when using external amp..... Empty TX-NR809 please help with bi-amping vs 7.1, when using external amp.....

Post  davidrafkind Mon May 28, 2012 3:55 pm

Hi, I understand when you use bi-amping for the front speakers, 7.1 is no longer available from the 809, so I attached an Onkyo - 2 channel external amp to the zone 2 out jacks, just like I have done on my previous Onkyo receiver to power my 2 surround back speakers, thus giving me 7.1. I am being told different things. Can zone 2 be used with an external amp to create 7.1 surround sound when bi-amping is being used?? Please any help would really be great, and save me from pulling any remaining hair of my head. Thank you.

davidrafkind

Back to top Go down

TX-NR809 please help with bi-amping vs 7.1, when using external amp..... Empty Please help..

Post  davidrafkind Tue May 29, 2012 2:22 pm

I am desperate to get this figured out, please help.

davidrafkind

Back to top Go down

TX-NR809 please help with bi-amping vs 7.1, when using external amp..... Empty Re: TX-NR809 please help with bi-amping vs 7.1, when using external amp.....

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed May 30, 2012 1:06 pm

Hi davidrafkind,

Apologies for the late response but if you set the receiver to bi-amp you will not be able to have a 7.1 setup.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

TX-NR809 please help with bi-amping vs 7.1, when using external amp..... Empty Thank You for the reply....

Post  davidrafkind Wed May 30, 2012 7:25 pm

I am sorry to learn that about the 809. I saved a lot of money to purchase this unit, and though it is far more advanced then my previous Onkyo receiver, it does not offer all the abilities. I don't fully understand the reasoning behind limiting the ability of the 809, or why external power amps can't be used to expand the ability of the 809?
All my speakers have Bi-Amping ability, am I able to use external Power Amps with the 809 to Bi-Amp speakers other then my fronts?
Thanks again for taking your time to reply.

davidrafkind

Back to top Go down

TX-NR809 please help with bi-amping vs 7.1, when using external amp..... Empty Re: TX-NR809 please help with bi-amping vs 7.1, when using external amp.....

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:19 pm

Hi davidrafkind,

I do apologize for that but the receiver was not designed to operate that way. On your other question, the receiver is also not designed to send highs and lows out of other speaker posts other than the fronts.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down