Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-NR609: unable to record from sat DVR to DVD recorder

2 posters

Go down

TX-NR609: unable to record from sat DVR to DVD recorder Empty TX-NR609: unable to record from sat DVR to DVD recorder

Post  jamesthe2nd Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:02 pm

TX-NR609: unable to record from DirecTV HDDVR to LiteOn DVD recorder using normal AVI hookup. I have tried switching the DVD and VCR AVI connections but that didn't work either. What is the correct hookup?

jamesthe2nd

Back to top Go down

TX-NR609: unable to record from sat DVR to DVD recorder Empty Re: TX-NR609: unable to record from sat DVR to DVD recorder

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:30 am

Hi jamesthe2nd,
Have you tried using a new or different cable to record your directv? Thank you!
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

TX-NR609: unable to record from sat DVR to DVD recorder Empty TX-NR609: unable to record from sat DVR to DVD recorder

Post  jamesthe2nd Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:25 pm

I am using the identical composite video/RCA audio cables that I previously used with my old Sony manual video/audio switchbox (which can copy from any of 3 sources, satellite, DVD and VCR to any 2 outputs, DVD and VCR). Cabling is not the problem. I need a hookup diagram for the same functionality. I need to understand how the TX-NR609 does it's internal switching for composite video/RCA audio connections. The owner's manual is woefully inadequate in this respect. I have tried the DirecTV HD-DVR output on both Sat input and VCR/DVR input to the receiver. I have tried the DirecTV HD-DVR HDMI output to the both the DVR input and the Sat input of the receiver. I have put the DVD recorder input on VCR/DVR output from the receiver. Nothing supplies a signal input to the DVD recorder. Please give me some other suggestions.

jamesthe2nd

Back to top Go down

TX-NR609: unable to record from sat DVR to DVD recorder Empty Re: TX-NR609: unable to record from sat DVR to DVD recorder

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:39 am

Hi jamesthe2nd,
We are looking into this and will get back to you soon. Thanks!
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:53 pm

Hi jamesthe2nd,
Sorry for the delay. That is do to HDCP It will not allow you to record from the receiver. High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP) is a form of digital copy protection developed by Intel Corporation to prevent copying of digital audio and video content as it travels across Display Port, Digital Visual Interface (DVI), High-Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI). You will have to use an RCA (red/white/Yellow) to record out. HDMI to DVI will not work. Thanks for choosing Onkyo!
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jamesthe2nd Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:35 pm

Please re-read my reply of 11/28. I state quite clearly, and several times, that I am trying to use composite video/RCA audio cables. The DVD recorder does not have an HDMI input, only RCA input. I only mentioned the HDMI connection for completeness in case it made a difference. Copy protection is not the issue unless it also applies to RCA cables, which you state that it does not. What else could be the problem? By the way, in the following sentence from your reply "That is do to HDCP" ; the correct spelling is "That is due to HDCP".

jamesthe2nd

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:37 pm

Hi jamesthe2nd,
Please send us a private message with your phone number and a member of our Product Support team will contact you personally. It will be easier for us to troubleshoot your situation that way. For Product Support Team Only:
1-800-229-1687 Hours: M-F 9am-8pm | Sat-Sun 10am-8pm ET Thank you!
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down